I shot him a weak smile before sifting through the racks and searching the shelves, finding some nice jeans.

I walked out in the first pair, which were straight leg with a medium wash. Randy had been sitting in a chair nearby, seeming to be bored out of his mind as he smushed his cheek against his hand.

"They're nice," he finally reacted, not seeming to care.

This was the first time we had hung out in a long time, and I hated how little he paid attention to me. I knew he was upset, but usually just being together cheered him up. After trying the other pants, some in different colors, I bit my lower lip as an idea struck me. Maybe it was wrong, since he had a girlfriend, but I wanted him to notice me in some way, maybe not as a love interest but something.

I suddenly walked out in a periwinkle skater dress with a v-neck, giving him a shy smile as I adjusted the spaghetti thin straps. "What about this?"

He sat up a bit more as he took in the outfit. "I thought you were trying on pants."

"I was, but I liked this so much I wanted to try it on. Do you like it?" I spun around, figuring I probably looked like an idiot, but I was desperate.

"Yeah, I like it a lot," he confessed, our eyes locking for a brief moment. I could have sworn I saw a flicker of special feelings, but my mind was more than likely playing tricks on me.

"Hey, you two," Jill spoke up after arriving. She noticed my dress right away commenting, "Oh honey, you look great in that dress, but isn't it a little old for you?"

"I'm 14...," I trailed off, aware that with how young I looked the outfit probably didn't look right on me.

"Why don't you just get the jeans today," Jill suggested, me now the one who was embarrassed.

"Okay," I agreed, going up to the counter after changing into my regular clothes.

"I liked the dress," Randy quietly said to me before we got up to the register.

I blushed faintly when he smiled at me slightly, feeling the corners of my mouth twitching upwards with no warning. "Thanks."

I guess Randy had noticed me, but the next day he was back to being with Michelle. What happened to us? Used to I thought he liked me too...

"You look just as bad as I do," Brad commented, meaning my sad mood. I plopped next to him on the couch in the living room, Randy already locked in his room.

"Yeah... I went shopping with your mom and Randy today, but she embarrassed him, but the part that made me upset was how little he talked to me the whole time. We used to be like best friends, but now that he's found Michelle... I'm sorry, I know you're still hurting about Nicole."

"Nah, it's okay. I'll get over it," he claimed, but I could tell he was just putting up a cool front. He had been doing that ever since the break up, mostly getting absorbed in sports for a distraction. "So, you have a crush on my brother," he slightly teased.

"I'm surprised you didn't already know. You teased us about liking each other for a long time."

"Yeah, well, I could tell you liked each other. That's why I did it, and to annoy Randy." His mischievous grin made me almost smile myself.

"A lot of things have changed lately." I crossed my arms snugly against myself as Brad sighed in response.

"Yeah." He was sort of staring into space as I looked over at his light blue eyes.

I turned away as silence consumed us, focusing on the ticking of a clock nearby.

"I would hang out with you," he offered.

"Really? But you're older than me," I observed.

He made a face before asking, "So? So what? I'm not that much older, and it's not like we'd be hanging out at school. I meant around here."

"It would be nice since I can't have Nicole over..." I pursed my lips when I realized I had mentioned her after the words left my mouth.

"You can have anyone over you want. I can deal with it."

"I'm not sure if she can deal with it."

"Why? She was the one that broke up with me. It should be easy for her to be around." He sounded bitter as he talked about his ex-girlfriend with his arms now crossed too.

I sighed before telling him, "She feels bad about what happened. She really does, but that's all I'm going to say. I'm getting tired of being in the middle of all this."

His shoulders relaxed as he looked over at me. "I'm sorry, Katie. I didn't mean to take out my anger on you."

I shook my head as I reacted, "No, it's okay. You were just expressing your feelings. I'm glad you're finally talking about it."

"Yeah, well, I don't think I want to talk about it anymore," he admitted.

"That's okay too."

"Thanks."

"For what," I wondered.

"For being a friend and hearing me out. I can't talk to my guy friends about this. They'd just laugh."

"Any time." I weakly smiled at him as he did the same.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you did. Thank you so much! <3