Prologue

In the beginning there was only one, A single black infinitude.

Then the infinitude found release and finally darkness broke filling it with life, with the Multiverse. Every existence multiplied by possibility and spread out before space and time in infinite measure. Civilizations rose and fell and rose again across realities grasping expanse life a precious gift persevering in the face of every obstacle until finally the Age of Heroes was born. Chaos, the constant enemy of life kept at bay by champions from across the Multiverse. Joining force to fight on behalf of all creation they found each other just in time, because now the entire multiverse is about to come under attack. There is a malevolent force at work one driven by a singular goal, The Destuction of All There Is. I have planned, there are those who say I have skimmed but the time preparation is past, The Crisis is upon us all.

My name is Mar Novu, I am know as The Monitor. Thirteen billion years ago, the Multiverse was born due to tampering with the creation of the universe by Krona, a scientist from the planet Maltus who was attempting to view the beginning of the universe. As a result of his actions, an infinite number of parallel universes were brought into existence side by side, separated only by minuscule vibrational differences, none of them as strong as the single universe that existed earlier would have been. Krona's experiment made it a multiverse instead of one single universe.I was born on Oa's moon, apparently as the living embodiment of all positive matter universes. One of these universes was composed entirely of antimatter, and on the moon of Oa's counterpart, Qward, a hideous mockery of life was born from its very soil, a being that would come to be known as The Anti-Monitor.

 One of these universes was composed entirely of antimatter, and on the moon of Oa's counterpart, Qward, a hideous mockery of life was born from its very soil, a being that would come to be known as The Anti-Monitor

The Anti-Monitor had quickly conquered Qward, as well as the rest of the anti-matter universe.As the evil Anti-Monitor conquered his universe, I watched him, and then The Anti-Monitor sensed my presence, we began battling across the dimensional barrier in a war that lasted one million years, unleashing great powers against each other, but to no avail.At the end of our stalemate, we simultaneously attacked one another, rendering us both inert.We lay unmoving for more than nine billion years until I felt my evil counterpart awaken as a result of another experiment on the creation of the universe by another scientist, which resulted in the destruction of that scientist's universe.

I found this scientist, Kell Mossa, I used him to follow The Anti-Monitor's path of destruction in his newly created spaceship. As a result of his actions he took it upon himself to be called Pariah. As The Anti-Monitor consumed worlds with his destructive antimatter, thus increasing his power as his antimatter universe expanded to fill the 'gap' that had been left by the loss of the universe, I grew weaker.

I studied every universe for the means to fight The Anti-Monitor, but, even though countless universes were threatened, I took the time to save an orphaned girl, the only survivor of a shipwreck, and raised her on my ship. I granted this girl, Lyla Michaels, with great powers as she grew up to become Harbinger. I also went so far as to provide supervillains with technology, supposedly for money but in reality as a way to test the heroes and villains of Earth 1 and find out which ones might help my cause. The time has come, it time to make a stand against The Anti-Monitor. I have send out Harbinger to recruit these heroes who will save the Multiverse and put an end to The Anti-Monitor, Once And For All!