⚠️❤️Unknown Save Part 2❤️⚠️

Requested by a_pansexual_person

Time skip so both boys will be twenty three

Damian's pov

My scars have long healed. They're not completely gone but I've gotten better. the names don't hurt as much as they used to. I'm happier now. Much happier.

And married.

Married to Jon, who still to this day doesn't know that he saved me. That I wouldn't be here if he hadn't miraculously been on that building top that one cloudy night.

I don't like going near that building at all anymore. It's not too hard to avoid it. It's just a random apartment building.

"Dami... Damian... Dami..." Came Jon's muffled whines from the bed.

"Just a second beloved. I'm changing." I said. I heard shuffling and glanced over at Jon who was now laying on his stomach, looking up at me.

"Well why didn't you say so? I would've taken my head out of the pillows sooner!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and removed my dress shirt replacing it with one of Jon's loose T-shirt's.

I then crawled into bed with him and snuggled into his chest.

"Goodnight Beloved." I said softly.

"No goodnight kiss?" Jon teased. I leaned up and pressed my lips against his a chaste kiss.

He hummed contently against my lips.

"Night Dami."

I was quick to fall into what I thought would be a dreamless sleep.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling so high.

Falling so fast.

It felt like it was never going to end but the ground was near. Near enough that I already saw my bleeding body lying motionless as I kept falling. But I never seemed to hit the ground.

The scars on my arms were burning. And names and hurtful phrases were playing on repeat and wouldn't stop.

Not when I begged, not even when I hit the ground. I screamed in pain but it was inside my head. No one heard. No one came.

And it was good that way. I didn't need to cause more grief or have the chance of being saved.

This was meant to happen. I was meant to fall and end everything.

Then someone was shaking me. Shouting my name but I just drifted off, darkness overtaking me.

I'll never wake up. And everyone will be happy.

Jon's pov

I woke up to mumbling. I cracked open my eyes. Stupid superheating, picking up everything.

I blinked a few times before realizing the mumbling was coming from the warm body beside me.

"Damian?" I asked quietly. Damian didn't respond, he just shifted in my arms, forehead creased in discomfort.

"Damian?" I asked again. "Damian!" I repeated a bit louder. Still no answer, instead, he rolled over and I sat up, looking down at him.

He was scratching at his forearm where a barcode of scars sat. He was divvying deep, leaving red marks from his nails.

"Hey Damian! Damian stop that! Wake up!" I shouted, grabbing his wrists.

"Finally dead..." He whispered.

"Damian!"

"I finally fell..."

"Damian wake up!"

"Jon help!" He cried, eyes suddenly snapping open with a gasp.

"Damian!" I exclaimed. He was sweating, eyes darting around the room until they landed on me. I was still holding his wrists. He was panting heavily.

"Jon?" He asked.

"Yeah sweetheart, yeah I'm here." I cooed.

"Jon, J-Jon I fell!" He cried. I embraced the smaller as he blabbered on.

"I fell! No one... I fell Jon! No one helped... it hurt! Jon don't let me fall! I don't wanna die!" He shouted.

"Dami, Dami you're not gonna die, I won't let you fall. It's okay... I'm here," I cooed, rocking him lightly and rubbing his back.

"I fell... I fell... I fell..." He whispered on repeat like a mantra.

"No, no you didn't fall. You're here. I'm here. It's okay love."

"You saved me?" He asked.

"Yeah... yeah I did..." I said, not sure how to respond.

"You did... you did... that one night... years ago... on top of the building... we got McDonalds after..." He whispered.

"What?"

I was suddenly hit with a wave of remembrance.

Years and years ago... Damian was sitting on the edge. I saw him and started talking to him. He was quiet. I helped him down and we got McDonalds.

"That night... were you, were you going to jump?" I asked quietly. Damian nodded his head.

"And finally die." He added. I felt my heart shatter.

"Oh god Damian..." I felt my lip quiver. "I-if I hadn't been there... y-you would've died..." I hugged him tighter.

"Yeah... but you didn't let me fall..." He said quietly.

"Oh Damian..." I whispered before bursting into tears.

"Don't cry beloved." He cooed, rubbing my back.

"I love you Dami and I'll never let you fall!" I cried in tears.

"I know you won't. I know... I love you too Jon."

~~~

Smut or Angst requests?