-7-

Chapter Seven

It was currently midnight and I was packing a duffle bag instead of sleeping. I planned on driving the whole nine hours there tonight so that I wouldn't have to deal with much traffic. I took a nap most of the day and I'm aware of how fucked up my sleeping schedule will be, but who cares. Dream told me he was going to fix his sleeping schedule to fit mine, so guess who's on FaceTime audio right now conversing with me while I pack?

"No, it's too cold."

"You're really going to deny me beach time because you're too pussy for sixty degree weather? I thought we were bros, Clay."

"I'm not a pussy."

"It's too cold," I mocked in a whiny voice while I folded the last of my clothes in the bag. Honestly this trip was really spontaneous. I don't even know how long I'm staying at his place. I offered to put myself up in a hotel, but he insisted that I stayed in his guest bedroom. And by guest bedroom, he means his streaming room.

"Fine, we can go to the beach, but I'm not swimming."

"Oh you will if I have anything to say about it."

I picked up my phone and walked over to the bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush, mouthwash, braces stuff, face stuff, vitamins, hairbrush, and everything else I use on a daily basis. I packed that into my bag as well.

"Okay I have all my clothes and my hygiene stuff. Is there anything else I need to bring?"

"Phone charger? Laptop? Laptop charger?"

"Shit yeah, a phone charger would be nice wouldn't it?"

"You're such a dork."

"As if you're not."

He scoffed but didn't deny it. I packed my electronics in a separate bag including my Nintendo Switch which I basically only ever used to play Clue on. I have other games as well, but I'm really into mind games so the mystery game is more amusing than Mario Kart.

"How long are you staying?" He asked as I heard clicking of a keyboard.

"Literally just gonna show you my face then leave," I joked.

"I'll literally kidnap you."

I burst out laughing and immediately went into my Twitter app.

@CalPal: guys clay said he's gonna kidnap me. if you don't hear from me, send help

"You're such a fucking idiot!" He laughed.

"I saw the opportunity and I took it."

@DreamWasTaken: @CalPal dw guys I'll still let her stream and record.

"You're so mean to me," I pouted.

"You're meaner!" He exclaimed, "Out of curiosity, totally not related at all," he blurted, "What's my contact name in your phone?"

"I feel attacked."

"What is it, Salem?"

"Bitch boy," I whispered.

He started wheezing and I knew he got his point across. I rolled my eyes at him and zipped up my two bags, finally finished packing. I informed Dream of this and it got eerily silent between the two of us.

"Are you sure you're comfortable with this, Caelum? I know you're the one driving here, but I still feel like in a way I've forced you to. I really don't want you doing something you're not ready for. I'd rather see your face when you're comfortable."