Part 20~Butterflies

Fearfully, I bit my lip, running my fingers through my too large shirt. Mum was still in hospital and I wasn't allowed to be on my own so I was going to live with Toshi. Shota promised me he would keep me safe but he doesn't know how bad Hisashi was. I don't want them to get hurt because of me.

"Hey, calm down would you. You're giving me anxiety," Toshi jokes, pushing my shoulder lightly.

I tried to smile for him but I couldn't. He frowned at me before sighing, shuffling in his seat. He grabbed me and pulled me into a sideway hug. He started combing his fingers through my hair, slowly soothing my worries away. I let out a shaky breath before burying my head in his soft jumper.

I could tell from a laugh that Zashi had noticed us, meaning Shota would have too, but I was too tired to care. I might have stayed up worrying for the last four weeks. It was really hard to sleep when you had a psycho dad coming for you.

Slowly I felt darkness claim me, letting me sleep peacefully in Toshi's arms.

Groaning, I felt Toshi shake me awake. "Come on Izu, we've arrived."

Fluttering open my eyes, I looked up at the purple jewel eyes before stretching out and cracking joints back into place. He laughed at me, muttering something about cats under his breath. I gently stepped out of the car, smiling up at the small house in front of me.

"Come on." Toshi helped me up the stairs and towards what I knew as the spare room that Midnight would often crash in. Zashi was waiting for me, practically jumping up and down in excitement. Shota wasn't as excited and was doing his best to hold Zashi in place. The whole thing made me laugh.

"Go on! Open it!" Zashi bit his lip to stop himself from pushing me into the room.

Giving him a suspicious look, I gently pulled the door knob and pushed open the cream door. The room had been completely redecorated.

Kiwi coloured walls were decorated with off-white shelves. In the far corner was a painted cherry blossom tree with painted pastel pink butterflies flying off to the right, decorated the space above the bed. Kiwi green covers decorated with dark green and off-white patterns covered the off-white frame and undersheets. Dark- almost black- green, fluffy carpet covered the floor, an off-white closet was pushed into the corner. There were two windows in the room, one of the side facing the small back garden and the other going towards the next house along. An off-white desk was against the wall, placed just below the window facing the other house. Pencils and pens were kept in glass jars, placed either side of the laptop. An off-white chair was placed by the desk with a dark green cushion on top. Lastly, with the window pointing into the back garden, there was a ledge with soft green pillows for me to rest upon.

In shock, I walked inside the large room. This place was better than my actual room.

"Midnight painted the walls, we noticed you had a collection of butterfly books in your closet so we thought you might like it," Toshi rambled, a blush dusting his cheeks.

"It's amazing!" I hopped up to the bed, collapsing on its soft pillows. I ran my fingers along the stream of butterflies, smiling softly. "I forgot about those books. I used to love butterflies."

Toshi sat down beside me, a playful smile on his face. "Why was that?"

"Because they are amazing! They can be poisonous or as harmless as a piece of wool! They can change their shape in a greater way than any other creature on this planet!"

Toshi let out a chuckle, sitting back while pulling me into a hug, letting me talk about different species of butterflies I knew. At some point, Shota pulled Zashi out of the room and let Toshi and I talk in peace.

Walking through the gates, I followed Toshi around the school. Today I was being moved to 1A with Toshi but since he has been in the class during my stay at the hospital, he was showing me around. He gently led me through the class door and showed me my seat. There were a few others there, each looking at me and Toshi weirdly.

Slowly, everyone trickled in and gave us either questioning looks or understanding ones- a clear divide on who paid attention during form. Eventually, Shota walked in and stood at the front. He glanced over his students before landing on me. "Alright, as you all should know, the final exams are coming up. I want you all to give a hand in training our new students but if I find any of you have pushed Midoriya into collapsing you will all suffer on the exam."

I could practically feel the fear coming off the students around me as I blushed madly and ducked down. Way to call me out, Shota.

Once Shota had curled up in the corner a few of the students came over.

"Hey dude, welcome to class 1A!" Kirishima walked forward, jumping out and showing off his sharp teeth. "You were super cool at the sports festival, what's your Quirk?!"

"Oh, umm... It's called evil eye. I can project people's fears or trap them in a void of their fears," I explained awkwardly. Toshi sent a glare to the students, practically daring them to say anything.

"That cool! Do you have to know what our fears are beforehand or do you find out?" Kaminari ran in front of me, making me smile.

"I use my Quirk to find out what people's fears are but I don't have a lot of control over it and have to cover it to stop my Quirk working."

"Don't worry mate, now you're in our class, we can teach you to control your Quirk!"

Smiling, I shared a look with Toshi, I think we are going to like this class.