Part 18~One more Time

"Iida!" 

Fire rushed forward making Stein jump back. Todoroki ran into the space as he stood in front of Iida. He stood in a fighting stance and prepared to defend his classmate. "You know Midoriya, you should give more detail. I almost didn't get here in time. On a different note, how did you even get my phone number?"

"Do you really want me to explain to you how I hacked your phones so I could contact you in emergency situations?!" 

"Todoroki, Midoriya, get away. This has nothing to do with you," Iida ordered them but Todoroki ignored him and Izuku was a little preoccupied. 

"No! If I leave now, then all three of you will die. Look around you Iida, you, Native and Midoriya are all paralysed. I can't leave you!" Todoroki sends out some ice, Stein jumping out the way. Todoroki switched to his fire, doing his best to keep himself and Iida safe.

"Todoroki, don't let him drink your blood," I shouted out, trying to force my limbs to work. 

Todoroki nodded before sending out more ice and fire, dodging to the side. Stein dodged the ice spikes as he ran forward to attack. He threw a dagger to Todoroki but he dodged the blade. Sending more ice out, Todoroki did his best to protect both himself and Iida.

Of course it couldn't last long before he would slip up. The blade barely nicked at his cheek but it was enough to draw blood. Stein ran forward and licked up the blood, paralysing Todoroki who's knees collapsed under him.

Stein looked down at Todoroki, readying to attack. I was forcing myself to move, I needed to move. I needed to help him. 

Don't you dare give up, Izuku. Shota's voice echoed through my head, I remembered that day.

I can't do it! I'm not like you. My quirk is evil, I can't fight villains if I am one.

Izuku. Once my Quirk has erased the other one's Quirk how do I fight?

Using your scarf... thing.

No. Using the layout, buildings, trees, lamp posts. I use the villain's own attitudes and faults to take them down. One day, you will find a time when your Quirk is useless, maybe you've damaged your eye, or are fighting someone who is blind and uses their Quirk to 'see'. Will you just give up? No, you will fight until the end. That is what it means to be a hero. And if your Quirk doesn't work, you get up and find another way. Every Quirk has a limit. Push yours and don't stop once it has.

Growling, I pushed myself up, fighting against the heaviness in my limbs. Running forward, I broke past the limit and picked up a broken pole from the floor. Todoroki noticed me, sending out as much fire and ice as he could to distract Stein, he let me get closer enough.

Whack!

Stein fell to the ground, blood pooling from his forehead as the rocks had cut him. I swiftly tied him up, wrapping rope around his wrist. Collapsing down, I smiled at the others. Nothing like one of Shota's lectures to make you want to run away.

Eventually, Iida and Todoroki were able to move. They helped up Native while I hopped along their side. 

"Hey, Midoriya, what were you doing out here? That outfit is a hero one, is it not? But you're not in the hero course, where did you get it?" 

I let out a happy giggle, spinning around to face Todoroki. "Toshi got it made for my internship. Power Loader owns Shota and Zashi a favour any way." 

"Toshi... Oh, Aizawa Hitoshi, from the general studies course," Iida guessed. "That's Aizawa-Sensei's son isn't it?"

"Yeah. I was pretty close to the family, they helped me a lot when I was little. He was the one who trained me to be a hero."

"How comes he did that?"

"Well... He kind of caught me trying to cut my eye out. He wanted to help me so I wouldn't endanger myself again," I explained while scratching at my cheek. 

"So that is how you got your scar. I was wondering."

"Why would you try to cut your eye out?!" I jumped up from the copping motion Iida did, he almost hit me!

"I was in a bad spot okay! It's not like any of you would have done any different!"

"Why would you say that?" 

Todoroki looked confused which made me laugh. "Cause you did the same thing I tried to. But I do suppose we both failed since now we both are using our Quirks to be heroes." Todoroki seemed to freeze at that, making me laugh. 

It wasn't like we were being annoying. Or particularly reckless, but for some reason... we angered them. 

Todoroki let out a startled scream as he was picked up from the ground. He tried to kick and fight off the Nomu dragging it into the air but it wasn't working. 

I panicked. I'm not going to lie. I didn't know what else to do. I sent for Todoroki, I was the one who sent him the location. I couldn't let him be hurt. Especially by those creatures.

It was like a burning in my soul. A switch of power that consumed me. Completely forign yet eternally familiar. Like I've felt this before, forever ago but am only remembering now. A change in my being that can never be reversed. My eyes were soaked in blue- like an ocean filling the fire and turning into the spectacular crystal lake. Deep and vast and full of power that can command the very being of even the most hurt and tortured souls. Blue surrounded me, glowing in vibrant hues.

"Let him go!"

Letting out a scream, the Nomu let their claws open, dropping Todoroki. 

"No!"

The Nomu spun, caughting Todoroki once again. It was like it was playing with Todoroki, playing with me, but it wasn't. I know it wasn't. I felt that wasn't what was happening. It was confusing, like trying to understand degree level chemistry in a language you didn't understand, only recognising the most basic of words and signs. 

"Todoroki!" Iida was panicking by my side. Could he not hear it? The screams from a child, taken and destroyed. 

"Please, put Todoroki down on the ground," I begged with them, the voices no one else could hear. And they listened. 

When they let go of him and stood waiting, I could see them. I could see them like a ghost of the past, a shadow that can only live while the light still shines. For a second, I know they were there. Then that second was over, and I was falling, deep into the sea that powered me.