Chapter 16: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

["oh no! the power of supernatural!"]____________________________________

____________________________________

"There's nothing about combat that I enjoy. However, for the sake of my guild... I must toss that ambivalent feeling aside... and fight with my might!"

-Wendy Marvell
____________________________________

"Master!" Mirajane called out, rushing down from the upper level. She has this worried expression on her face that caught (Y/N)'s- well, everyone's else's- attention. When it comes to Mirajane being concerned, it's either out of empathy or something horrible had happen.

"The job flyer is missing from the second floor request board!" She announced, causing Makarov to spit out his drink after a moment of consideration to her words.

"What? A job sheet's missing?"

"If it was on the second floor, it was a S-Class job..."

"What kind of dummy would run off with that?"

"A cat." Laxus suddenly spoke up from the above. He was smirking as he speak. "I saw a car with wings take off with it."

"Happy did?!" Mirajane exclaimed as she knows (Y/N) is right in front of her, and if otherwise she would be with Natsu and Lucy-though, it seems like she has no idea.

"Meaning Natsu and Lucy...?!"

"What are they thinking?!"

"They took a S-Class quest just like that?!"

"I thought they were stupid, but not this stupid."

(Y/N) shook her head. She knew Natsu might do this- but Lucy? There had to be some motive from her to go off like that.

"This is a serious breach of the rules. Gramps! You're kicking 'em out the moment they get back, I assume?" Laxus sneered, glancing down at the master who was thinking deeply.

"Though, given their skill level, I doubt they'll come back alive from an S-Class job..."

Mirajane walked up to the larger man. "Laxus! Why didn't you try to stop them if you knew?!" She rebuked angrily.

"All I saw was a sneaky cat run off with a piece of paper in its mouth." Laxus claimed. "I never imagined it was Happy or that Natsu was going on an S-Class job."