Chapter ✿ Sixty Nine

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's fine," Louis shrugs, the smile on his face proving different. "It's on me. Was my fault." Louis' voice is quieter and hands shakier. "I'm stupid."

"Stop it, Lou... You aren't at all. Come on," Harry stands up and holds out his hand. "Let's go to one of our other favourite places we went when you were little."

-*-

They arrive at the arcade and Louis immediately rushes over to the car game. He gets into the seat and waits very patiently (not at all) for Harry to catch up, bouncing in his seat as he does so. "Quick, Hazza! We are going to race!" Louis grabs the steering wheel between his hands and makes a revving sound that Harry can't help but laugh at.

Harry sits down in the red leather cladded seat and begins the game, eyes fixated on the racecourse for barely seconds before they travel to Louis. His hair is fluffed up and eyes narrowed in concentration. He is so gorgeous.

"Harry! You let me win!" Louis turns to Harry with a pout, crossing his arms over his chest. "You don't have to do that anymore!" He huffs and shakily steps his small body off of the game, squeaking when he almost trips over.

"Oh yes. Very old and mature now, Lou," Harry rolls his eyes fondly, taking the small boy in his arms and placing him on his lap.

"Mhm. That is correct," Louis subtly rocks against him, a smirk on his face. "What games are we going to play?"

"Whichever you'd like... We can do all of them, we have all day!" Harry leans forward to softly kiss Louis, fingers dancing on his hips. "Let's have some fun."

-*-

Louis and Harry lay on the bed, a takeaway bag full of food from McDonald's between them. A movie plays in the background, but Harry doesn't pay attention to it, he can't think of anything but the growing anxiety that curses through him.

"I'm tired, Haz..." Louis mumbles, chewing the last bite of his burger. "Can we switch off the movie now? And cuddle?" Harry nods and takes the empty bag, placing it on the bedside table, too tired to lug it to the bin. He skulls the rest of his coke through the straw and places it next to the bag, before switching the television off and pulling Louis to his chest.

"So what was today all about? I mean, it was lovely, but is there a reason?" Louis asks curiously, threading his fingers with Harry's. The room fills with silence and Louis furrows his eyebrows, wondering if Harry had already gone to sleep in those mere minutes of cuddling.

"Lou, baby... I have something to talk to you about," Harry whispers, voice wavering. He feels Louis still from beside him and he pulls him closer. Louis' brain races with heaps of possibilities. His heart clenches and sinks to his stomach when he makes the final conclusion. Harry is breaking up with him.

"Y-you are breaking up with me?" Louis starts hyperventilating, trying to pull away from Harry's tight hold. "Why? W-what did I do? Please don't, I'll make it up to you. I'm so sorry."

"Lou. Blue, no, baby. Never. It's nothing like that," Harry soothes, pressing his lips desperately to the back of Louis' head, trying to calm the boy. "Please, little one, everything is okay..."

"What is it then?" Louis' voice is still fearful sounding and Harry feels his own nervousness come back.

"Louis... I applied to go back to college. I know I should have spoken to you first, but it was a quick decision," Harry scrambles to say, his arms holding Louis so tightly, afraid his confession would scare the boy away. "It is a different one. Closer this time... But I will probably still have to move out."

"Oh." Louis swallows thickly, blinking back tears quickly. "That's amazing, Haz." He tries to sound happy, he really does. He is happy, he wants Harry happy. But, in the back of his mind, he can't help but worry about history repeating itself.

"Yeah?" Harry questions a little unsure.

"Of course..." Louis whispers, his voice strained. "Can we sleep now?" He asks politely, scooting away from Harry a little.

"Good night, sweetheart." Harry closes the gap between them, but doesn't wrap his arm around Louis like before, knowing the boy must want space.

A few minutes later, Harry is drifting to sleep when he feels the bed shaking a little. His eyes snap open and he hears a soft whimper from Louis and his heart sinks. He immediately engulfs the boy into a hug, Louis' cries becoming louder. "Everything is okay, my love." Harry wants to cry himself at this point. Louis being in pain brings him pain. "Blue, this means nothing, okay? This is not the end for us. I'd never let anything come between us again."

Hi! I really hope you enjoyed

Hi! I really hope you enjoyed... Please leave me some lots of comments! xo
If my motivation doesn't go away again, this book may be finished within the next week.

How are you doing? x

How do you think this book will end? x

I'm still totally amazed at how well this book did... Thank you so much for your support guys! I'm really going to miss you when this book ends!
I seriously love you all! 💖