Chapter ✿ Twelve

❝UPS AND DOWNS ❞

UPS AND DOWNS

Louis walks through the crowds, eyes cast down so nobody can see his tears. He clutches onto his bag straps like a parachute, tightly, his knuckles turning white.

He makes it to the office, somewhat relieved Harry was taking him away from this hell hole.

He signs out and gives the office ladies and fake smile and a soft goodbye before leaving and making his way to Harry's car, the same car he would pick the boy up in years ago.

Louis throws his bag in the back seat, before getting into the front, facing away from Harry as much as he can.

"Hey, Haz," he says softly, voice rough and raw. He grabs onto his seatbelt, clicking it in and quickly looks over to Harry, giving him a quick smile.

Harry looks at him and notices his tear stained face and bright red, swallon lips.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Harry brings his hand up to Louis' face, brushing over his glossy cheek.

Louis sniffles softly, closing his eyes and breathing in deeply. "I'm fine."

"Louis..." Harry breathes out, the pain obvious on Louis' face, breaking his heart in two.

But then it's shattered into a million pieces.

Louis sobs and clings to Harry's arm, hyperventilating, screaming almost. "Don't make me go back."

Harry unclips both of their seatbelts and moves Louis so the boy has his head on Harry chest. "It's okay, baby. I'm here. I've got you." Harry places a kiss on Louis' head, stroking his back and holding him close.

Louis clutches onto Harry's shirt, his tears soaking the front of it.

"Home, please?" Louis looks up, his watery blue eyes giving off a pleading look.

"Of course, darling. Of course."

Harry gets Louis seated again, makes sure both of their seatbelts are on and pulls put of the school, hand on Louis' thigh, trying to keep him calm.

-*-

The second they get home, Harry is making Louis a tea, telling the sad little boy to go up hop into bed.

He watches as Louis lugs his way upstairs. Expressionless. Emotionless.

Harry doesn't know what happened in those few hours Louis was at school. But he does know that one way or another, he will he finding out.

The kettle boils and Harry pours Louis a tea. He carefully scurries up the stairs with it, careful not to spill any on Jays carpet.

He opens the door to Louis' room to find the boy curled up on his bed, once again crying his little eyes out.

Harry sets the tea down and immediately lays down behind Louis, wrapping his strong arms around him.

Louis squirms in Harry's arms, moving so he is facing the older boy.

"What happened, Lou?" Harry whispers, drawing imaginary patterns on the lovely, sun kissed skin on Louis' arm.

"I-I can't tell you," Louis hiccups and sniffles, a blush tinting his cheeks.

"You can tell me anything..."

Louis thinks for a moment. "There's this b-boy..."

"Okay," Harry smiles encouraging. "Do you... Like this boy?"

Louis shakes his head quickly, another tear falling from his eye.

"I was i-in the bathroom..."

Harry bites his lip, nodding. "Okay, love..."

"He came in," Louis takes a few shallow breaths. He wants to tell Harry, but can't give away his secret.

"What happened next, darling?" Harry holds Louis tighter.

"He told me to get on my knees."

Harry's eyes widen, flashing in anger. "No," he grits out.

"He made me," Louis chokes out, pausing his sentence.

"Don't say anymore, baby. I've got the picture... What's his name?!"

"It doesn't matter. I deserved it."

"You fucking did not!" Harry tenses in anger. "You deserve nothing but love, you hear me? If I ever find out who thus fucker is, I will fucking kill him?"

"Haz-"

"You don't let anyone make you do that. If this ever happens, if someone ever lays a finger on you again, I will hurt them."

This was a last minute put together chapter, sorry its not great! xo