The devil's Heart

Start from the beginning

His thinking muddled as he suffled the arranged paper in search of something then turned his head towards me.

"Khusi have you seen a red file. I remember keeping it here. i have an urgent meeting in few minutes and i need that file." he asked and again started roaming his eyes around the table not waiting for any answer.

" Are you talking about this?" I held out the said file infront of my face.

"Yes, thank you" as his legs steeped forward, i threw the file outside the window.

He ran towards it but before he could do anything, the papers were out in the sky flying.

"Oops! It slipped out of my hand"i said innocently, i put my hands up in abrupt dismissal.

His muscles stiffened with his eyes dizzily focused on the falling papers. Somehow i felt chills through my spine, the sudden coldness of his eyes hitting at core.

My eyes widen incredously when he managed a Shakey smile.

" You really hate me, Don't you. My mistakes are unforgivable but atleast let me try. Am i that bad of a person?but i wasn't like that before, Why can't i make you see that." he ruefully Stated before dropping down on the sofa.

Suprised by his intimate motion, i glenced at him. A part of me wanted to break him more and the rest of me was numb.

The tension was thick, our heat filling the empty space between us. His eyes fixed on the floor as if he wanted to melt down into it.

The door suddenly opens catching both of our attention. There stands a man may be in his 50s with an unreadable expression, his hands in his pockets. I could see from the corner of my eyes that the person who was almost at the point of breakdown has already shook the tension off his shoulder.

He strengthen his stance further and got up which made me realize i should too.
As he approached the older man i walked behind him.

"Mr. Raizada i don't know what was going on but i found many papers on the floor when i was comming here" he took out some scrumbled papers from his pockets.

Shit! These are the papers i threw out. The expression of Arnavji's face showed the emberesment and anixtey we feel at the approach of those in authority.

" I believe these are papers of our companies record and the cotation. I never thought you to be so unprofessional, doesn't even care to pick them up or even come at the meeting in time" he spat those words with more than disguise.

"Sir! This not ASR's fault, the girl there" she pointed towards me "she is the one causing the problem, even ASR is fade up of her" Lavanya spoke as her body came forward. She was behind that older man.

"Lavanya! Don't say as you like, when you know nothing" he commented frustratingly.

" Arnav i can't believe you are speaking to my daughter like that" the older man's eyes looking at me from top to bottom "because of a middle class employee"

Daughter? He is Lavanya's father?Now i know where she got her attitude and language from. I could tell the situation has turned into a notch. I was contemplating weather to give him some piece of mind or not when the person shadowing me intrupted.

"she is not just an employee but my wife and i won't accept anyone talking to her like that"his voice bold, but a hint of guilt arises as he took a glance at my face.

"Wi-fe" both daughter and father has left open mouthed even i was taken aback by suprise.

" ASR you are joking right? How can i not know about your wedding and i know you can't choose her. right?"she tried to hold his hand rather seductively. Ewww. Seriously how can someone put themselves so low.

"I don't have to announce my private life and events to everyone and you know i have the eye for the best. You not acknowledging that doesn't change anything" he swayed away her hand before it could make a grip on his elbow.

"You! I-" the old man was about to yelled at him something when his daughter stop him by gripping his shoulder tightly motioning him to come out with her.

Through the glass door i can see both of them arguing and later the daughter assuring something to the man as she put her hands on his shoulder gently.

I sat down on the sofa while he sits on his chair. His face was so dark alluring the clouds of sadness over his head. Was i feeling guilty? Yes. Was this enough for me to forgive him? No.
I was inbetween these mixed feelings when i notice him getting out of his office.

After waiting for him for hours i decided to go out and breath in some fresh air to clear out my mind.

I walked out of the elavator and was passing the desks of other employees who were still emerged in their works but oddly they were giving me side eyes for some reason when someone came rushing towards me.

The smrik on her face grows as the hush hush murmurs of the employees landed on my ears. " She is the girl who trapped our boss' 'Look at her, typical low class"

I was not angry at them, i'm sure she has spread rumours about me. She wanted everyone to hate me like she does. Childish!

"The gold digger has came. Let us ask her what trick she played on our boss to get married to him or should I asked how low did she go" she squawk at me, everyone else laughed at her sarcasm. she has really defamed my image but i know how to earn that back.

"Are you sure trapping the boss wasn't actually your intention or are you butt hurt now that you have lost your chance. Anyone who had spotted you beside him surely have smelled the desperation in you"i fired back, unexpectedly making everyone's laughter more lively.

She fumed in anger "huh everyone knows where you people come for. You people don't miss a chance to claim a successful and rich man. Surely you have went all the way down to lure him, but let me tell you once he gets bored playing with you. He will come back to the person of his class and status"

"No i did no such thing but if you don't shut your ugly mouth. I might lower my class to put you in your place" i intensely look at her, taking big step towards her.

She looked at me mockingly shaking her head"Why?You think you can scare me. I'm sure you slept your way there. Did your mom taught you-"

She couldn't complete her words before the sound of the slap i threw ecohed in the silent room. The other stuffs eyes widen in horror and gasp is the only sound they could have managed.

" You scoundrel" her hands made her way on the red area of her face. Her schoked gaze turned into anger as she clenched her jaw and raise her hand, Probably to fight back.

"What the" before she could counter attack, a strong voice efficently stopped every movement in the room.

We all know whom the voice belongs to, one and only Arnav Singh Raizada.

I wanted him to throw me out of this office,But not like this. Whatever I'm happy either way. I'm not going to regret or apologize for my actions.
*****************************************

A/N - sorry for the late update and this chapter is unedited as we'll so please bear with me for all the mistake i may have made.

I hope you enjoy the chapter
Don't forget to comment and vote ❤❤