Manorama who?

Chapter- 11
Khusi pov

Anjali di forced me  to go shopping with her so that she can buy some gifts for my family. It took almost  took three hours for her, after we came home everyone got busy in the preparation of lunch. Since i was a new bride no one allowed me to help them so i sat in the living room with "Laxmi ji" Naniji's pet goat. As the mature person i am, i started telling  her about my day.

         Ding dong! Ding dong!

I looked around to see if anyone was there to open the door no one was, so i had to open the door. On the other side of the door was a lady wearing a bright colour saree and her hair done in a stylish bun with some artificial flower in it ,too much jewelry on her neck and sunglass on her eyes.

She was staring at me the way i was staring at her. She raised her eyebrow and looked at me with an unfriendly expression.

"Hello hi bye bye! We have a new maid and nobody informed me."
"Anyways you! take my luggage to my room"

"Sorry, but who are you i have never seen you here before" i asked her

"Me! You don't know me" she was fuming with anger. " Hello hi bye bye! Me myself Manorama" she said with a proud expression. I thought she was funny i mean weird but in a fun way.

"Who Manorama?" I questioned her with confused eyes even though i know who she is, Nk has told about her  before but I never got the chance to meet her in person she was way too much offended by our marraige  to  even meet me. I wanted to tease her a little.

"You don't know me,  they never told you about me. I was away from home only for a few months and everyone started forgetting about me already" she said ever so dramatically. I tried to suppress my tendency to laugh.

I was still holding the door, she ignored me totally and made her way to the living room " sasuma! sasuma! (Mother in law) . I closed the door behind her and stood behind her.

Anjali di and sasuma i mean Naniji were coming downstairs. Mami ji looked at them and turned around to face me.

" Arnav is my nephew and he loves me as his mother so when i will tell her you  disrespectfully welcomed me he will kick you out of this house , hello hi bye bye!"

"Mamorama how many times i told you don't talk to people like that. you are telling her that her husband will kick her out of the house?"Naniji asked her

"Husband?whose husband? This maid's? It's was NK's wedding right?"

"She is khusi you know about her, she is married to chota" her expression changed it was like she saw a ghost.

"Ch-o-ta?" She turned her head to look at me than look at Naniji.i think she was too schoked that somebody  even agreed to marry her arrogant nephew.

As i was about to walk to stand where anjali di was standing and staring at them when the 'pallu' of her saree (The usually decorated end of a saree that hangs loose when worn) got stuck in my bangles.

In an attempted to take her pallu out off my bangles i pulled it with a little too much strength and i teared it apart . The two other person  in the house looked at me with a horrified expression and then started laughing.

But something inside me was  telling me that it was not Funny for Mamiji. She grabbed her torn apart pallu from my  hand and shouted at me  " you! Your name is not khusi, yo-ur  n-ame should be ph-a-ti saree yes! phati saree"

Yikes that's a weird nickname whatever it made Anjali di and Naniji laugh so i wasn't offended.

After that Naniji took mamiji to her room and probably explained the tragedy that happened.  We had our lunch and it was time for me to go for 'phag phera'.

  Lard governor came from office when i was packing my stuff but then he said something so suprising
" Khusi go pack my stuff too before you came  'di' used to pack my stuff so i don't have the habit of packing for myself
I wanted to tell him a Big "no" that  I  will not do anything for him but i couldn't make myself to even speak . There was a part of me which felt a little overwhelmed when he asked me. I m-e-an  of-cour-se not because it's the First time i felt like his wife
But that doesn't mean I will go all soft on him