~9~Our Family is Torn Again

Ruy felt sick as he launched up from his bed, his eyes darting around in a panic. Dark cold room, cheap bed and clothes... he was back in reality, in the Castello. Ruy darted to the mirror, looking himself over.

But young Ruy stared back at him through the mirror. Mangled, beaten, tired, and scared. Young Ruy looked up at his elder self, wearing only a tired expression.

Ruy stumbled back, rubbing his eyes.

Young Ruy was gone, and older Ruy stared at himself, his back against the wardrobe as his breath came out as fast and inconsistent.

"Ignis, let's go!" Trix called from outside his door. Ruy glanced at the clock, noticing it was time to go scouting again. Ruy shrugged on his cloak, his hands shaking. Ruy meekly opened the door, swallowing down the bile in his throat. Trix scoffed, "What the hell is your problem?" gesturing to Ruy's pale face.

Ruy shook himself out a bit, "Nothing, just a nightmare," he whispered.

Ruy struggled to keep himself together as they followed the line of trees towards Inalian bay

Ruy struggled to keep himself together as they followed the line of trees towards Inalian bay. He knew Allesandro, he knew Sophie before the Neverseen, before his world descended into black. A black that she would eventually save him from.

"What is your problem?" Dominique barked at Ruy. Ruy didn't look at her; he kept his eyes trained on his feet.

"Just leave him," Trix side-eyed Ruy, his anger apparent, "He isn't worthy of our sympathy."

Like Ruy fucking wanted their sympathy.

Ruy bit back his retort as they finally arrived, all of them once again taking off their cloaks and blending in as they meshed in with the busy docks. They were doing various things, setting up markers, traps, talking with citizens to seem normal. A few of the Inalians recognized Ruy, waving to him. He gave them a short wave, but he was never let out of the group's sight. They all observed the soft blue waters and various ships going in and out.

Trix sighed as he leaned towards Hathem, "This stupid bay won't fit them all

Trix sighed as he leaned towards Hathem, "This stupid bay won't fit them all."
Ruy stiffened.
"It doesn't need to. It needs to hold just enough." Hathem responded. Ruy's eyes wandered, mindlessly watching the passerby's.