~9~Your Life was always Mine.

Welcome to chapter nine! Or as I like to call it, the chapter where everything finally comes together! Do you think I forgot all those things I casually mentioned in the story and never really brought up again?

Hehehehehe.

Also, this chapter is SUPER LONG. But yeah, the next, maybe, three chapters are going to be super long and going help everything slide into its final place. Well, some of the stuff, and, no, I'm not ending the series yet. A lot of folks were worried about AAD ending, but no, this book will probably be as long as the last book.

But yeah, this chapter is super long and unedited. So, enjoy!

Biana's hands shook as she slumped down on the floor, her breathing short and hiccuped

"What just happened?" Biana breathed slightly as Filomena paced.

"I'm guessing that the crystal leads to Foxfire, and the homing beacon is now active, meaning the Neverseen have our location-"

"No, Filomena, I mean... how did she know where this Foxfire crystal was in the first place? How did it get there? Why did she know there was a homing beacon in the nursery? Why were the crystal and honing device so conveniently close to one another?" Biana rattled off questions. With each question, Filomena's face only grew darker and darker. Biana stopped her babbling when she saw Filomena's face turn stern and empty with stale eyes.

"Filomena?" Biana asked.

"There really is only one explanation." Filomena pathetically chuckled.

"That crystal was never there when Vespera was captured, we made sure the nursery was safe for the children, and we would've spotted it. And Vespera knew exactly where it was and how to navigate to it before we could catch on in time. The fact that it was so close to a honing beacon too... and then, Amalia explained the fact that the Neverseen have detailed notes and blueprints on the Mirthless, almost like they had the book we captured at Exiullium, someone must have given copies to them." Filomena straightened her back, her eyes dark and clearly upset.

"We have a traitor among us." Filomena breathed.

Everything clicked in Biana's mind, and she only hummed in surprise and thought.

"What do we do?" Biana asked, getting up from the floor.

Filomena bit her lip; Assassins come piling in from outside the nursery after hearing the commotion.

"We keep it to ourselves; we try to root out the traitor before Amalia and those in battle figure it out; that way, they don't need to worry. But by now, I'm sure Vespera has arrived at the battle, and they know something is up... but we have to find the traitor before the Vatarian leaders return when Amalia returns. That is definite." Filomena decided.

The Assassins listen as Biana and Filomena explained what happened, and they all paled when Filomena explained with a shaky voice that five lives were taken today in their very home, the four guards protecting Vespera and the Caretaker. They all agreed with the fact that there was a traitor and the fact that they should keep it from the others on the battlefield right now to avoid panic.