~6~Forgotten Bonds

Mkay, ya'll, this chapter is super sketchy and unedited because I am using a backup cheap computer at my dad's house and my dyslexia has just been kicking my ASS. I reminded all of you as well that chapters are going to be inconsistent because I have a lot of shit going on.

This chapter is really Soruy intensive, because it is time for me to explain shit behind them, and I also miss writing Soruy moments. And it's also part of the outline, so, yeah.

But I am SUPER late on this chapter so, as an apology, here is a picture of my cat wearing some tissue paper as a headband.

I love her more than life itself.
~

Ruy was seated outside Keefe's cell, leaning against the bars as he explained where he has been. He constantly checked down the halls, looking for anybody who could be overhearing or spying.

"But, Mesmer powers don't work like that, right? Maha would have to constantly be drained and focused on keeping you under control?" Keefe whispered.

Ruy shook his head, "Not exactly. The way Vatarian Mesmer powers work is more on duration rather than potency. Elven mesmers are able to keep a tighter hold on their victim's brain, make them do more complicated tasks, or tap into their intelligence. Though Vatarian mesmers cant do that, they are able on controlling minds for a long time and at long distances with little drain."

Keefe hummed in understanding, his arms crossed.

"They won't believe me if I say I was mesmerized," Keefe said plainly, stretching out slightly.

"Maybe we can find you a way out of here rather than making you a spy." Ruy proposed. Keefe side-eyed him, "What about your mother?"

"What about her?" Ruy hissed.

Keefe shrugged, "Ruy, Vespera is a smart ruthless woman. But you have to admit that her claiming you are being mesmerised is a bit... far fetched. She knows better than that."

Ruy rolled his eyes, "And?"

"It's no secret that Vespera's emotional center was shattered years ago, and all of those broken little bits of Vespera are creating interesting habits and actions in her. She mostly keeps them under wraps but... from what I know of her, her emotions are manifesting in interesting ways. Anger is a natural emotion everyone falls to when their goals are blocked, and that is an emotion Vespera still has. But the others are so broken and shattered that they have a hard time manifesting, but they still exist." Keefe explained. It all clicked in Ruy's head, he knew all too well anger was one of his mother's specialties.

"Where are you going with this?" Ruy sighed.

"Besides anger, which she sometimes lets slip through, she is emotionless. But there are two other emotions she has shown. Pride and love."

"The pride she has shown a few times, I know, but love?"

"She was in love with Allesandro, right? Well, after that crashed and burned, her emotional center never fully recovered, since it was in the middle of shattering. But there is one thing that her sense of love has latched onto that is manifesting."