~12~ One Hour

Hey, y'all! I just wanted to thank you all for the support, it has helped me get through my hard times. I am a bit better and starting to write again! Love you all bunches and I hope you enjoy this LONG awaited chapter!

<3 

Ruy was barely able to stand at the meeting with the Governor

Ruy was barely able to stand at the meeting with the Governor. Both from nerves, his near encounter with Sophie and Maha, along with the holes he was staring into the back of the Governor's skull. He couldn't remember that last little bit of the memory the crystal gave him; he couldn't finish it off. But he knew the Governor was an ass that was a hair width's away from Ruy kicking in his teeth. At least that much Ruy knew.

"So the Queen wants her kingdom back, but she needs your help to do it?"

"She says a naval force is the best way to attack Egypitnat, but her naval forces were weak to begin with, so she is asking for mine."

Ruy stared at Nyoka's house in the distance, hidden by the walls of the fort. The blue and yellow banners seem almost muted compared to when he saw them as a boy. But maybe that was the fascination of a child looking at a thing he had never seen before, something that he thought he would never possibly achieve. Ironically, only a few days prior, he wore a crown atop his head.

Something happened that night, and only Nyoka, Sophie, Alexios, and Allesandro know. Yet none of them can quite wrap their head around it.

Ruy wanted to know what happened that night. He often wonders if that night had gone differently, if he somehow remained with Nyoka and Allesandro, how different his life would've been. He wouldn't have had to fight against his mother during his youth or learn to pickpocket to get some proper damn food. He would've grown with the very people he calls family now.

Ruy felt a hand on his shoulder, Dom coming up behind him.

"You look like you are about to keel over." She whispered.

Ruy opened his mouth, but no sound came out. He just turned his bloodshot eyes back to the Governor's conversation. But Dom squeezed his shoulder a bit more.

"You need to do something, don't you? You have that look in your eyes- under the tears you're trying to blink back, of course." She asked. Ruy froze, still not tearing his gaze from the conversation, even though he didn't hear a single word.

Dominique swallowed but turned back to the conversation as well.

Trix and other Neverseen officials went back and forth with each other, the Governor occasionally butting in.

But Trix smiled a bit as he said, "Do it."

They all looked at him in confusion.

"Give her your fleet. Make her think you are with her. But then right as their forces are attacking, you flip and instead fire on them. You trap them in their own little scheme. They think they will stand a chance with your forces and wouldn't even suspect it." The Neverseen congratulated the idea, nodding and murmuring, clapping Trix on the back.