~8~ Something in Common

Hey guys, I know this chapter is late. I'm in my late high school years in honors/AP classes and my life is kinda complicated right now, no, I don't want to talk about it. But, GOMLS will probably be back on its 6-8 day update schedule though, yeah! Thank you for being so understanding everybody, it isn't going unnoticed.

~~~

Sophie opened her eyes to see Tezcacoatl staring at her in surprise and Ricin purring at the sight of his companion. But Tezcacoatl was glaring at the goddess holding onto her heiress, a snarl slipping out from the side of his mouth. Sophie stepped out of the flurry of snow Kynareth swarmed herself with, blandly holding the crown out for Tezacoatl, staring at the ground.

Kynareth quietly approached Sophie, but the Assassin looked over her shoulder, her eyes turning gold. Kynareth fought to tighten her hold on Sophie's powers. Still, Sophie's Pancras form ripped apart Kynareth's hold on her, slowly releasing everything.

"I've learned what I needed. Go away." Sophie hissed at the goddess.

Kynareth's jaw clenched, but she stepped away from Sophie and disappeared in a cloudy mist. Sophie swallowed, Kassandra's crown cutting into her skin as she clenched it, but she held it out for Tezcacoatl.

Tezcacoatl hummed, glaring behind her as the rocks shuddered and moved on their own, covering the Crypt's entrance. He glanced at Sophie again, shaking his head.

"It is for you to keep," Tezcacoatl said, pointing his snout to the crown in Sophie's hand. Sophie faltered but placed the crown on the rocks as she slid down against them, her head in her hands. Ricin crowed, rubbing his snout against her hand.

A demon... that is the only thing Sophie could think to call it.

"Kynareth chose me as her heiress because this demon is going to kill Kassandra soon. And Egil's children are probably also going to die as well." Sophie stated, gently running the tips of her fingers over Ricin's bumpy scales.

Tezcacoatl surprisingly shook his head, "I don't believe so. I think, what did you call it, demon? I think the demon is too weak spread across three bodies, but Kassandra got the bulk of it. I think it is going to try to reunite through the three of them before killing them."

Sophie took a deep breath but looked Tezcacoatl straight in the eyes.

"You said if I got Kassandra's artifact you would answer any questions I have." Sophie started.

Tezcacoatl stiffened, but he nodded.

"Go ahead young Assassin, I will answer anything you want." Tezcacoatl nodded. Sophie tapped her foot against the frozen floor, sorting through her questions.

"The artifacts I've been finding, what are they? What purpose do they serve?" Sophie started.

Tezcacoatl settled on the Wall of Words and began.

"The 'demon' as you call it is an ancient being, and has caused problems in the past. The gods barely interfere with mortals, but Byzanthar is a god of craft and the earth, so he often spends time with various species. A curious and caring one, so when he learned of a threat to his precious little world, he created a seal to hold it aback. Five artifacts that were scattered through the world, meant to weaken them. But it seems the, what is it... Neverseen? It seems the Neverseen are searching for them. I don't know what they plan to do if they hold them all, but I know one thing. The demon if released from his mortal bodies and has no artifacts to weaken him, he will be unstoppable."

Tezcacoatl's tail swayed as he straightened out, "When you first approached me, you asked me to ignite the Forge of Byzanthar. Probably because Byzanthar has chosen an heir like Kynareth has, and needs to make a connection with him."