New Girl~ Holden

Don't embarrass yourself.

Just find your way around.

No, go to the office.

But where the hell is the- oh wait, I remember it's down that first hallway.

Yeah, yeah, first hallway is office.

You repeated those thoughts to yourself as you walked to school. It was your first day at Ridgewood High School and to say you were a bit nervous, was an understatement.

Just leave it to your parents to transfer you near the middle of your 3rd year of high school. You just wanted it to go well, or end as quickly as possible.

You felt your phone buzz, interrupting your music, you sighed as you pulled it out.

The Fam👨‍👩‍👧
{The One Who Gave Birth💁}
{The One Who Caused It💁‍♂️}
{The One Who Became The Child🙍}

The One Who Gave Birth💁

Have a great first day honey!

The One Who Caused It💁‍♂️

Remember, be social!

The One Who Was Born🙍

Social? What's that?

The One Who Was Born🙍

I'll see you at home, just arrived at school

Truthfully, you still had a few minutes but you just wanted them to stop.

After you arrived at the school, you rushed to the office, thankfully you didn't bump into anyone. You spoke to the lady at the desk, your voice soft and low so she wouldn't hear the shakiness in it.

After you were given your schedule and such, you ventured off to your first class, having already taken a tour of the school yesterday.

"Crap. Where's this room?"

Yet you had already forgotten. A boy rushed past you, followed by a girl chasing him yelling 'Joey!?' Making you watch as they disappeared down the hallway.

What am I getting myself into?

After a few minutes, you found another boy, he was closing his locker and getting ready to walk off to class as the two minute bell had rang.

"E-excuse me?"

You mentally cursed yourself for stuttering slightly. He turned to you, smiling slightly.

"Do you, um, know where this room is? I got a tour of the school but can't remember to save my life"

"Sure thing, I'm actually heading there now"

He led you to the room, on the way there, you learned his name was Holden and even though you just met him, he was very cute.

Throughout the rest of the day, you spent any classes the two of you shared together. You only had three classes without him, so for those, he walked there and met you after each one ended.

You sat with him at lunch and met some of his friends. When the end of the day came, he met you at your locker.

"So, how'd you like your first day?"

He spoke as you both started to walk down the stairs.

"It wasn't as bad as I thought"

He smiled and you smiled back.

"Oh! Do you wanna go to my place so we can work on the project?"

You nodded and happily followed him to his car.

Maybe being the new girl wouldn't be so bad after all.

Word Count: 525