Chapter One: A Warm Summer's Night

Start from the beginning

My ears pricked up in surprise.

"Did I really just hear him say "Dempshey" and "Takeo"?! I must be having some strange dream", I thought as I watched in a daze as the figure grumbled profanities under his breath and got up to leave.

I was now left to stare at the two remaining figures in awkward silence. Suddenly, I began to chuckle in disbelief.

"What a weird dream. I'm dreaming about the boys", I thought. I am most definitely dreaming. I concluded that I had fallen asleep playing the game and was having some kind of vivid dream.

"This can't be real and I can prove this to myself", I thought smugly.

So, I tried to sit up again whilst trying to convince myself the searing agony in my body was just some silly phenomena manifested by my brain. Very scientific.

"I said SHTOP!" The German snapped angrily in frustration.

"I'm fine!" I snapped defiantly in my unintentionally gruff Scottish accent. The figure seemed to be completely taken aback as I watched his shoulders reflexively jerk in suprise.

"Oh no..." the other figure whispered to himself timidly as if anticipating a grand response.

"That was bad move, small woman", he grimaced before he leaned in to whisper to me.

"The German likes to give the orders -- *hiccup* -- not other way round", he whispered before winking and moving away to take another slug from the bottle he was holding.

When his face was no longer overshadowed by the harsh light; I knew for sure it truly was Nikolai.

"It can't be, don't be daft!" I thought before the realisation that I had just snapped at what was potentially Richtofen. It quickly cleansed the smirk from my face as I turned to him like a deer in headlights. We both looked at the German as he remained silent, this dream was becoming a nightmare...

The figure in question slowly knelt down beside me. As he came down to my level my stomach clenched as I could now make out the distinct visor and military uniform in the darkness. The light illuminated his face bringing out every sharp edge and detail of his face. A gloved hand reached out and I winced closing my eyes as I braced myself. I felt a hand help me into a sitting position as he held me up. I looked up as a light suddenly flashed into my eyes causing me to jump.

"Ah, zhis is quite zhe concussion jou have", he sang before his tone completely changed. He leaned next to my ear as he lowered his voice in a dark manner,

"No vone vould ever dare shpeak to me like zhat ozhervize..."

My heart raced and I felt the hairs on my neck stand up. This no longer felt like a nightmare, it was reality; I could feel his breath against my face. My blood ran cold while Richtofen pulled back to look at me before his face twisted into a devilish smirk. He looked deep into my eyes and I returned the gaze. His piercing blue eyes were cold and devoid of humanity. He kept his face mere inches from mine as he sized me up.

Suddenly, I felt two arms pick me up, his touch all too real, which made me nauseous at the realisation. This was really happening. The leather of his gloves creaked menacingly as he held me tight before looking at me expectantly. I awkwardly put my arms around his neck as I cringed at the sheer thought of having to do so.

He was definitely too close for comfort and it was clear to see he manufactured some pleasure at seeing my discomfort. I could feel the tangible texture of the heavy fabric of his jacket as I tried my best not to actually touch him. I could even see the grey stubble on the side of his jaw as each hair glistened in the moonlight. This was unbelievably real. He stood up with me in his arms and turned to who I confirmed to be none other than Nikolai.

"It sheems Dempshey is truly incompetent, I vill not vait for him any longer", Richtofen's voice was laced with poison while his face contorted with hate before continuing.

"If zhat shtupid American ever does return tell him not to bother me vhilst I work on ze patient... or I vill slit his throat vhile he shleeps". The latter part rang out with danger. He really meant his words.

I didn't know what was more terrifying, the sheer evil and malice radiating from the doctor as he made the threat or the fact I was being carried away to be 'worked on'. When I finished the thought we were already walking away from Nikolai and towards a large building. Panicked, I looked back at Nikolai as he drunkenly waved.

"Goodbye, little woman. Was nice knowing you!"

I quickly turned to look up at Richtofen as I felt lightheaded with disbelief. His face remained stoic throughout, regardless of my blatant gawking. My wide-eyed expression was interrupted by a sudden rush of biting cold which caused me to shiver uncontrollably as the adrenaline wore off. I was now aware of the freezing air against my skin as it malevolently seeped into my bones.

Richtofen shifted his eyes down to the side to look at me without moving his head before he frowned,

"Vhy on earth are jou out here in little to nozhing? Vhere are jour clothes? Did zhey just dishappear?" The latter part was condescending and sarcastic.

Dumbfounded, I stuttered:

"I -- um--"

It was then that I was suddenly slapped in the face with the realisation that I was in my underwear and a small cami. I had gotten ready for bed before I played the game. Shuddering, I felt completely vulnerable as I took in the revelation.

"Vell?", he snapped impatiently as he gave me side eye while he continued walking towards the building.

But how could I explain this? I seemed to be transported here exactly as I was when I went to eject the disc - right before the overwhelming jolt of electricity.

"I'll have to get back to you on that." I replied cooly before earning a raised eyebrow.

He had now turned his head to look at me with complete surprise before his eyes narrowed with malice.

"I'm afraid zhat does not bode vell for jou, fräu. I have many more questions for jou and if jou keep avoiding zhem I vill have to resort to more --" he paused and took a deep breath before continuing.

"-- exciting methods of extraction..."

His eyes were now wild and manic before he regained composure and pushed open the door to the building. The petrifying silence that followed began to suffocate me as the sound of his boots clicking against the floor lulled me into a hypnotic state drawn between confusion and fear.

He is going to torture me.

End of part one...