forty-six// best girl

Calum's POV

I buried my head to my hands as I stared at my phone, ignoring her calls. I was being a stubborn asshole. She took consideration on the stupid things I've recently done. But I can't even bother to listen to her side of the story or whatever she has to say.

I ran up to my room and checked her messages, she hasn't been texting since i started ignoring her. She only called, not texted.

I can't take the guilt in anymore, I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up. It was getting late and I knew she had school the next day but I really wanted this to work out.

"Calum?" her voice cracked, she's been crying. She sniffed as a bit of shuffling was heard. I can't stay mad at her when she's at this state.

"Shhh, baby please stop crying" I tried soothing but I guess it only made things worse because her voice started shaking and I could tell she was bawling her eyes out.

"Cal- Cal.. I-I'm so so sorry.."

"You don't have to be, baby. Please stop, I'm sorry" God, I just want to grab her and keep her safe in my arms. My poor best friend crying because of me, fuck.

"Calum, I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to-"

"Baby, please stop apologizing. If it's anyone- it's me. I'm sorry, please stop crying. Shhh, i love you, Ali. I really do"

"Cal, it wasn't what it looked like. They removed the part where i pushed Steven off and ran, I hated every part of it. I hated every thing, i hate him! Calum i hate him! I want you to kick his ass out of my life, I'm scared. What if he ruins us, Cal?"

"I'm not going to let that ass ruin us, get that? I'm not gonna fall for any of his shits. I love you" I exhaled and ran a hand through my messy hair. I'm exhausted.

"I love you too, Calum. Thank you"

I nodded as I hung up, "what? That's it?" Michael raised an eyebrow. I shook my head and slumped back in bed. I don't even know why he's here.

"Love you, Calum" Luke mocked. I tossed a pillow over at him, aiming it at his face but hitting his crotch perfectly. Oh.

"Calum!" He groaned as he closed his eyes shut, "for a pillow, that hurt a lot"

"I'm done with you" I took a glance back at my phone and smiled to myself. I've got myself the best girl in the world.