twenty-two// rain

"Al" Calum whined tugging on my arm pulling me towards the ice cream cart, "come on! Please?" He pouted. I wonder if this boy was half puppy or something, he always seemed like one.

"Fine, you're going to pay" I smirked. His pout curved into an ear to ear smile which made my heart melt. We walked towards the cart and my jaw dropped to who was on the cashier.

"Oh, come on Alesia its not such a bad job right?" Ashton laughed fixing the hat on his head that promoted the ice cream he was selling. He always seemed to be a jolly person, I can't imagine him keeping quiet nor angry.

"For an Ashton it is" Calum teased, "Everyone always thinks you're the cool guy"

"I wasn't asking you, buddy. But thanks" He extended his arms to reach for Calum's fluffy hair and ruffle it. They looked adorable on how they acted like brothers every time they see each other.

"Why thank you?" He pulled up a puzzled expression on his face.

"You just said everyone thinks I'm a cool guy" Ash chuckled feeling proud of himself.

"Think" Calum answered with a wink, an attempt to tease the other boy.

I smiled not knowing what to say. Calum bought us both the same chocolate ice cream and said a goodbye to his friend on the cart and strolled off. He decided we wouldn't go home just yet. Which made me quite disappointed, I really was tired and wanted to rest after a long day of school.

"Hurry up, Ally!" He called for me. He was already sitting on the white sand with his ice cream on one hand and his shoes on the other. I jogged towards him and sat cross-legged on the spot he patted down for me.

"Tell me all about today" he smiled but generally focusing his attention on the ice cream instead of me. I face palmed at the sight.

"Well, I met Carter West" I shrugged. His head quickly shot up from the ice cream he was focused on to me.

"You what?" He blinked his eyes multiple times and left his mouth hung open.

"He kind of knocked me over then helped me up and introduced his self then asked my name then I left him because I was hungry as fuck" I rambled on. With every word he was listening carefully and bursted with laughter on the last part when I told hi I left Carter.

"You were hungry as fuck?" He repeated wiping the tears forming by the corners of his eyes. Man, was he cute.

I nodded hesitantly then his face turned into a serious blank expression, "keep away from him"

"Why? He seemed like a nice guy" I shrugged then continued on my ice cream that seemed like it was going to melt into water any moment now.

"He's mine" he snapped, "CALUM!" I hit him on his arm and burst out laughing.

"No, seriously" his smiled faded once again, "he's a dangerous kid. And I don't want my best frond getting hurt"

"Frond?" I raised my eyebrows at his choice of words or plant or leaves, I'm not sure.

He nodded not breaking his contact with the waves, "I like the sound of waves" he mumbled whilst closing his eyes.

"Cal, you random ass" I rolled my eyes and stared at it as well, it was darker than it usually was.

"We should go," he said once he opened his eyes again. "I think its about to rain." He held a hand out for me to take and I gladly took it.

"Al, knock knock" he blurted out. I gave him a confused look and asked, "who's there?"

He dug his hands into his pockets and started walking just beside me, "cow says" he beamed.

"Cow says who?"

"A cow says moo not who you dumb ass" he rolled his eyes and started backing away from me, knowing what was about to happen.

"I'm giving you 5 seconds, Hood" I said through gritted teeth, he chuckled in return. "5, 4, 3, 2"

"Should I?"

"You should run." I glared at him, "1" he sprinted off the sidewalk with me running after him. I swear we were so immature but this is what makes me happy. Just when I was running, I fell droplets of rain on my arm. I shrugged it off and called after Calum, "Cal, its starting to rain!" He looked at me and shrugged. He stood at where he is as he waited for me.

I jogged towards him and as I did heavy droplets started falling, it was raining harder than I expected, "oh God" Cal exhaled and laced our fingers together.

"We're running to that" he motioned at the open bathroom, we were still near the beach anyway. "1, 2, 3" we ran towards it and waited for the rain to simmer down.

I shivered at the cold air hitting us. Calum might've notice because he shrugged his coat off and wrapped it over my shoulders, "you're going to get cold, baby" I cooed. His cheeks shaded a hint of red at the mention of 'baby'.

"Stop acting so cliché" he rolled his eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if we were actually the most cliché best friends ever living on this planet.

"Aw, its true babycakes" I pinched his cheeks making him chuckle in response to my stupid endearment.

-

|| a/n ||

Man, this chapter's a mess. I hope you guys liked it. I kind of actually liked it, oh come on please? ;-) but not as much as i like/love chapter 27. I love that chapter, i really don't know why. Can't wait for you guys to read it,,! (Double-update btw bc bored)