twenty-one// Carter West

I stood in our front porch waiting for Calum, who promised he'd pick me up and we'd walk to school. I sat on the 3rd step and looked around. Oh, and yes we've moved in a house (yay!) no more shitty apartment. A figure wearing a red baseball cap on his head was walking towards me. He had the uniform's coat thrown over his shoulder and he had his backpack slung on his right shoulder.

"Calum!" I called after him which made him send me a goofy grin of his. He jogged towards me taking off the cap on his head. My jaw dropped at the sight.

"It looks horrible, doesn't it?" He scratched the back of his neck chuckling to himself. He had dyed his hair with blonde streaks which somehow made his tan skin glow. It didn't actually look bad but a part of me liked it and a part of me was laughing and another part of me wanted him to remove the crap out of his hair.

"Its fine" I chuckled whilst ruffling his fluffy, newly dyed hair and pulling on his wrist begging to walk to school already. He shook his head and followed behind me. Calum was the ideal best friend and boyfriend a girl would actually wish for but we wouldn't ever date each other. Well maybe not now.

"Cal, who is that?" I asked pointing to a figure standing against a car in the school's parking lot.

"It's just Carter West, a senior" he scoffed with annoyance, "he used to make fun of us back at year 6 when you weren't around. I despise him till now."

"What do you mean by us?" I asked, curiosity running through my mind.

"Luke, Michael and Ashton used to go here for school." His expression suddenly changed into an extremely adorable smile.

"Oh" I answered, blinking multiple times, "he must be a huge ass"

"He is"

We continued walking into the hall and Calum immediately laced our fingers together receiving looks from the students around us. He's a great actor. But I felt like it would be better if someday we wouldn't be acting anymore.

What is wrong with you, Alesia?

We went into our classes together and sat beside each other. Calum would constantly bump his feet on mine and keep a hand on my thighs. It wasn't awkward just like I thought it would be, he was just doing the best he could to keep his best friend away from the guy she currently hates. Cal's simple gestures made my stomach do flips and sent off a family of butterflies, no acting right there.

"Jesus, Alesia. You should love me so much for this, I fucking hate acting" he rolled his eyes. A smile crept across my face but my heart felt like it just dropped from a 10 feet deep well and shattered into thousands of pieces.

"Shut up. You love being this close to me, if I'm not mistaken you actually have this itty-bitty crush on me" I winked at his direction it was meant to be a joke but his cheeks immediately turned into a faded hint of red which made me laugh a bit too loud.

"I do not" he muttered under his breath, looking away from me and into the front of the class staring at our teacher.

-

I didn't share a class before lunch with Calum today so I was walking to the cafeteria to meet him when I bumped into a post due to the fact that I was busy with my phone. I should start paying attention to where I'm going next time. Wait, what the hell was a post doing in the middle of the hallway?

"Hey, you okay?" A voice asked me. I looked up to see a pair of hazel concerned eyes staring at mine. I nodded at him as a reply, it was Carter. God, he's a gorgeous human being. He held a hand out for me and picked me up, gathering the books that had fallen. "I haven't seen you around here before" he stated.

"Uh, I'm quite new here" I laughed awkwardly, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. Why the hell am I acting as a new high school girl in a chick-flick?

"Carter West" he held a hand out for me to shake and I did. "You are?"

"Alesia McVey" I smiled, then Calum popped into my mind from nowhere, "I, uh, I have to go. I'm actually hungry as fuck at the moment" my eyes went wide when I realized I just cursed in front of this beautiful human being, "oops" I squeaked.

He nodded a goodbye and walked his way while I searched the cafeteria for Calum. I mentally face-palmed at myself for looking for him. He was obviously just at the usual spot, why am I so stupid?

"Hey" I greeted sitting across from him on the table.

"Why're you all so giddy today?" He questioned me pulling out a look on his face. I shrugged in return. We continued eating our lunch but not in silence. He would bring out a stupid topic once or more than every time he takes a bite of his sandwich. Cal would tell a horrible joke which would successfully make me laugh, because of how much of a dork he is for telling jokes and think its funny. And I would hit him for every stupid joke that would come out of his mouth.

-

|| a/n ||

ugly chapteeer,,!

anyway updaateeee bc im on break and im bored so yaas.

guess what?

i love calum hood. Ok byeee x