36

Third Person's POV

"Kim Junkyu, explain everything right now." Jihoon said, his voice full of authority. Junkyu gulped. He knew that he does not have any other options but to spill everything to his members.

"What do you want to hear?" He asked. Jihoon looked back at him with a bored yet serious expression.

"I said everything. Who is this girl? How did you meet her? Why is she locked up in there?" Jihoon asked, motioning to the girl who is lying on the bed, unconscious. Jaehyuk and Mirae are tending to the girl, checking up on her injuries.

"It was just a coincidence. I was driving one night when I met her. I was supposed to go to the race track when she suddenly showed up in front of my car. I almost hit her. Good thing I was a great driver so I was able to step on the break just in time. That was the first time that we met." Junkyu explained, a proud smile was painted on his face after he said those sentences. Meanwhile, the rest of the boys, even Mirae, were looking at him with unamused expressions.

"Good thing luck was on your side, you mean." Haruto sarcastically said. "You could've killed someone hyung!"

It was Junkyu's turn to have a straight face. "Just in case you're forgetting about our reality, Haruto, we're gang members. We usually kill people on a regular basis."

Jihoon quickly hit Junkyu on his arm making the latter whine. Jihoon only gave him another stern look.

"Okay, okay. I don't really know her because we've only met like thrice, all of them purely unexpected, but yeah I managed to get her name. She said her name is Areum and that she's also 20 years old like me." Junkyu paused for a while. He was contemplating whether to continue or not since he kinda made a promise to the girl that he would not tell anyone about her secret but he didn't want to lie to his friends as well.

"That's all hyung?" Doyoung asked. "You didn't ask her anything else besides those things?"

Junkyu sighed, looking at the girl lying on Mirae's bed. "Let's just wait for her to wake up. Her life is not my story to tell anyways. But just to assure you, I don't think that she's a bad person."

Jihoon was about to speak when he saw the way Junkyu was looking at the girl so he decided against it. Maybe this girl is the reason why Junkyu keeps disappearing every now and then, he thought. Junkyu might have mentioned that they've only met thrice but Jihoon knows his bestfriend well. He knows that Junkyu is interested in this girl and that he might have been looking for her all this time.

"Yedam and I will go downstairs to prepare lunch." Jaehyuk announced. After getting the approval from the eldest, the pair left the room. Junghwan followed the two since he said that they might need another pair of hands in the kitchen but the rest of the members knew that the youngest of the bunch just wanted to have the first taste of whatever food the two older boys will prepare.

"Hey, she's waking up." Mirae said, making the remaining boys look at the girl on the bed.

Areum got up almost immediately after she regained her consciousness. Welcomed by unfamiliar faces, she let out a loud shriek and backed away from them.

"Areum calm down. It's okay, you're safe here." Junkyu stepped forward and tried to calm her down. Relief washed over her when she saw Junkyu. At least, she knows someone among them.

"Why do you always appear when I'm in distress?" She unconsciously asked Junkyu who scratched his nape. He gave her a timid smile before answering her question.

"That's a question that I ask myself as well."

"Areum, I don't know if you are in the right condition to answer our questions right now but we need to at least know something about you." Hyunsuk told the girl. "Is it okay?"

The girl sighed. She tried to straighten her back but she immediately felt pain on her torso. Oh yeah, I was badly beaten up, she thought to herself. All of them were surprised when Junkyu immediately went to her side, making sure she's alright. Haruto was the first one to compose himself. He nudged Jeongwoo and the two exchanged knowing looks. Meanwhile, Jihoon could only laugh silently.

Yeah, I think my bestfriend has a crush. That is what he has on mind.

---

"Hyung, are you okay? You seemed bothered. You have been like that since the night of our latest operation." Asahi asked Yoshinori who was sitting alone on the balcony.

"It's nothing, Asahi." He lied. Of course, there is something bothering him. The words that came from that man keep on replaying on his mind. One of your friends is betraying you. How can he shrug of those words from his mind?

"You know you can tell anything to me, hyung." Asahi said, sitting beside the older boy.

"The man said something, Asahi." He said. "He told me that one of is a traitor."

He looked at Asahi but there was no emotion on his face. He didn't even looked shocked or bothered. Yoshinori didn't give much thought into it though, after all he's Asahi.

"Do you believe him, hyung? Do you think one of us is a traitor?"

"Of course I don't. It's impossible. That's not going to happen, right? Right?" It sounded like Yoshinori was trying to convince himself more than anything. He doesn't want to entertain that idea. He doesn't want it to be true because it will break him. Before he had Mirae, it was only Treasure that he considered as his family. He basically grew old with them. He's been with them through the brightest and darkest of times. He wouldn't be able to take everything if the man's words were true. It will destroy him.

"Then don't believe him, hyung. You know us more than you know him. We've been together all this time. No one among us will throw away our friendship for anything, even our own lives. We're basically a family now, hyung. And family do not betray each other."

Yoshinori felt relieved after hearing those words from Asahi. Actually, it was all that he wanted to hear. Assurance. And Asahi gave it to him.

"Thank you, Asahi." He smiled at the younger boy. "I needed that."

"It's nothing, hyung. Just remember that we're all in this together." Asahi smiled at the older boy who grinned back at him. "Anyway hyung, I'll go downstairs. I'm feeling hungry already."

"Yeah, go ahead. I'll be coming later. Tell Mirae not to wait for me anymore. Tell her to eat with you." Asahi nodded his head. The younger boy was about to open the door when Yoshinori called his name.

"Asahi..." A serious look was painted on Yoshinori's face. "You won't ever betray me, right?"

Asahi paused for a while before giving Yoshinori a small smile.

"Never hyung." He said. "Never." 

---

OMG! Chapter 3 and a full album! Ahhh I'm excited!!!