Part 16

Tamlin was sitting on his dais over looking the pathetic army he had left. His hate for the night court festering deep within him but the worse thing was that he was unable to reach the other court to replenish his army.

He had sent out some troops to scope the spring court for any spies but they had not returned for a few hours. He had gathered the rest of his troops for the battle that was no doubt about to happen, he waited and waited and yet nothing came; until he started to smell smoke.

He turned around but he already had a knife sitting across his throat slowly pressing into his skin. He felt a stinging throb as he looked down noticed that is was made of ash wood.

"You pathetic little Demi fae how could you know about ash wood"

"We took a little detour with our Prythian friends" Aelin smirked.

What she hadn't noticed was a black tendril slowly creeping towards her. It lunged towards her heart but Aelin swerved loosing her grip on Tamlin, she hadn't moved fast enough as the black tendril of power pierced through her shoulder.

Across the field a battle commenced, the Night court and visitors were immensely outnumbered but luckily each one had an arsenal of weapons and a full well of power.

They were waiting in Devlon to arrive but after they had waited in the forest everyone knew he wasn't coming soon so Aelin took charge and ran towards the unsuspecting Tamlin. Rowan then Hunt, Lorcan and Cassian were next with the rest trailing after them. Rowan hadn't killed anyone they were brainwashed so he continued through the army of Tamlin's men when he heard her scream of agony. He sprinted towards her pushing anyone and anything out of his way until he found her curled up in a ball in the floor with her eyes closed. Silently he leant down and picked her up.

"Fireheart can you hear me I'm taking you to a medic ok"

"No" she rasped her eyes still closed " Take me to the water, please" Aelin finshed and started coughing up blood, the gaping hole in her shoulder slowly infecting her arm with black veins "Rowan now"

At that command he started to run to a creek nearby. He stood at the bank and gently layer her in as silent tears ran down his face praying to the unknown gods that his mate would survive as her half conscious body floated in a creek. He heard the water move towards Aelin then it got him Mab's line her magic is also in Aelin but she could never do this before let alone heal the gruesome wound in her shoulder but no matter the logic she was doing Aelin was healing her shoulder, slowly but surely.

Aelin felt like hell. Her shoulder was killing her, literally but she used all she could muster from Mab's well of magic which surprisingly was much more than she expected. She could feel the skin knitting together and the infection draining away, finally for what felt like hours she had knit tighter the last piece of skin. She stood up and turned towards Rowan.

" Look we're matching" she pointed towards the arrow scar in is shoulder "Though mines cooler" she was engulfed in a hug by rowan as he sighed in relief

"You are such an idiot sometimes"

"You too Buzzard, I said to take me here and you just stupid there like a statue" she just at his shoulder and walked past him back to the field "Oh and Rowan might wanna stay close I'm pissed" with that she took of running with her swords blazing with red flames.

Rowan cleared the trees and saw the inferno Aelin was bringing. She was accompanied by Bryce, Lysandra, Feyre, Mor, Amren and Elide who were all equally as terrifying and brought as much destruction on the battlefield as Aelin did. He met up with Azriel who was fighting with expert grace. They joined in a movement of blows and slices in perfect synchronised movement.

Aelin continued to pillage through the ranks of soldiers, slicing, stabbing, after what felt like hours she finally find herself face to face with Tamlin, she growled with hate and pointed her sword at his throat and lit it on fire. Behind her Dorian, Feyre and Bryce charged up their powers.

"Where is the book Tamlin" Aelin growled digging her sword deeper into his throat

He whimpered in response and answered "its...it's under the mountain" the night court stiffened in response.

Aelin stepped back satisfied with answer she got and a bit surprised how easy it was. The three light bringers pointed their hands towards him and let out the power directly into Tamlin. After a few minutes he slumped to the ground