Part 10

Dorian was the last to enter the dining room and was greeted with a stare from Aelin. Dorian sat patiently as he listened to her dream and what the mysterious lady said about the light-bringers. The group was sitting in silence and Dorian was processing the information he received about how the light bringer was closer than they thought but his thoughts were interrupted by Rhysand

"Well the only light-bringer I can think of is Helion but I worry he won't get here in time or believe us."

The night court agreed and the rest only nodded not really understanding who this Helion was. Then it clicked Dorian understood the dream ladies claim.

"It has to be me, I'll learn just like how I've learnt to shape-shift and I can do it relatively quickly" they stared.

"Yes, it has to be you" Aelin agreeing

"How fast can you learn?"

He turned to Amren " I'll start now, we don't know when it's coming back and we need to be prepared"

~

The sun was rising over Velaris and Aelin was walking through the training areas to see Dorian, Feyre and Bryce shooting light beams in the yard; the only difference is sometimes Bryce's burnt holes through the walls.

"Well, you've been practising."

"I have good teachers" at that Bryce and Feyre blush.

"How are you feeling?"

"Confident."

"Good, we have news from the spring court."

When Aelin mentioned the spring court Feyre's head snapped up and met her eyes with an underlying hatred, Aelin could relate. They arrived back at the house and saw a red-haired man quivering and Rhysand staring daggers at him.

"Lucien, what news do you have of the spring court?"

So his name was Lucien, Aelin thought but as he looked up she saw one eye was robotic and was bronze or gold,

"We...we were doing about a day when we were covered in darkness so black I could almost hear the screams of innocents. I thought I had passed out but I heard Tamlins yells for help and I knew I was awake then it was quiet and the darkness was gone but, but Tamlin his eyes were black" Lucien shivered " I fled because he, he wanted to start wars with everyone and cause so much havoc, he recruited all males and made them part of an army and was turning their eyes black like his and that's all I know"

Aelin sighed she knew there would be another war and it was inevitable and from what Lucien was telling them it would be Tamlin they were fighting.