Chapter 2

Marinette sighed. Her apartment wasn't exactly the most welcoming. It was dark and moody. Well except for the childhood photos of her and Chat Noir. And including another one of her with Adrien. She sighed and looked longly at the pictures.
"He did it again, Tikki." Marinette sighed as she tried to hold back tears. Tikki looked at her glumly.
"Maybe you shouldn't be so harsh" Tikki exclaimed. Marinette looked at her like she was crazy.
" I'm not being harsh, I just don't want to...p-p-pou-poun-pound it any-anymore...okay?" Marinette stuttered. She hasn't said those words in so long. It was hard for her to say. Tikki sighed then hugged Marinette. She knew how much she loved Chat Noir and Adrien. They were special to her. But she had lost her bubbly self and became cold and distant. She even felt as if Marinette didn't love her anymore. But she knew she did. Marinette lost the love of her life. Her partner. Her best friend. Nothing could make up for that loss. Nothing. Tikki understood. She really did. She lost Plagg. He was still here. But he wasn't. Just like Marinette, he became cold and distant. He didn't even like his owner. His owner was a sweet kid. But he had no idea. No idea what went down. Marinette entered her room, and just like always...bed messy. Dresser. Messy. Floor. Messy. Marinette flopped on her bed and sobbed into the night. She cried herself to sleep like she did every other night.

"Plagg...I don't have anything else for you to eat!" Chase freaked out. Plagg rolled his eyes, why did Marinette even give him the Cat miraculous. Plagg sighed.

"Kid, you gotta find something,like immediately" Plagg groaned. Chase groaned then realized. THE DUPAIN-CHENG BAKERY. Chase grabbed Plagg and ran all the way to the Dupain-Cheng Bakery. The owners Tom Dupain and Sabine Cheng were the nicest people Chase has ever met.

"Hi guys! Do you guys have anything light?" Chase asked frantically. Sabine frowned and shook her head.

"I'm sorry Chase,but we only have camembert cheese" Sabine said. Chase nodded vigorously.

" YES I NEED THAT! THATS PERFECT" Chase said in enlightment.

"MOM,WHOS HERE?" a girl yelled. Sabine frowned and told Chase to wait a second. A girl- no a woman walked into the bakery and when she saw Chase she stopped in her tracks. She saw him about to buy camembert.

"Marinette,honey,why don't you go back upstairs, you just came here from your apartment to take a rest." Sabine smiled. Marinette shook her head and grabbed Chase. Chase was mortified.

"Why are you buying camembert?" Marinette said stubbornly. Chase shrugged. Then Plagg came out of Chase's jacket.

" PLAGG! WHAT ARE YOU DOING" Chase said angrily, now that his identity has been revealed to a stranger. But surprisingly Marinette didn't seem to get scared. She looked at Plagg with anger then sadly looked at him again. Plagg did the same.

"Plagg doesn't want camembert. So it's best if you buy him something else." Marinette said softly. Plagg looked down sadly. Chase had never seen Plagg like this before. And how did this Marinette girl know Plagg. Marinette sighed and looked into Chase's eyes deeply. Chase recognized her eyes,and her hair. And her voice. Wait...does this mean....

"Wait are you?" Chase started. Marinette nodded. Chase couldn't believe it. He knew Ladybug's identity. And she knew his. Chase was paralyzed and in shock. He looked away from both of them. He sighed and wanted to tell Marinette how sorry he was that she lost her best friend. But he didn't want to anger her. So he kept his mouth shut. Instead he just looked at her and smiled. And for the first time in a long time, Marinette smiled for the first time. A real smile. Then Marinette gave him some macrons,for Chase to take home. On the way home, Chase thought, did Marinette know who's the past Chat Noir's identity was. How did he die, like how did it all go down to his death. And if Ladybug- er Marinette hated everyone now. Did this mean that Ladybug knew Rena Rouge and Queen Bee's identity. And vise versa. And Carapace and Rena used to date? Were Carapace and Chat Noir best friends? Chase had so many questions but he knew he would have to wait. But he had no idea what was about to happen and he wasn't sure if he was ready for that. And anyways his biggest question. Who was Hawkmoth?

Authors note: BRUH I THINK IM ACTUALLY LIKING HOW THIS STORY IS PROGRESSING SO YEAH IMA TRY TO POST A NEW CHAPTER TWICE A WEEK, BUT WE'LL SEE :))