"That's Oikawa and Aobajohsai's ace, Iwaizumi." Kiyoko said, noticing my staring.

"The taller one is Oikawa?" I asked, remembering that Kageyama didn't have a great opinion of him.

She nodded, "He's their setter and captain. he's good."

i watched him talk with his other teammates. it doesn't matter if i have a crush on him, i'm not hurting anyone. would Kageyama be upset though? i could tell he really didn't like Oikawa. it's not like anyone would know anyway.

i grabbed my arm, remembering i have a way of getting ahold of him.

by the time my cheeks had returned to normal all of the boys had made it out and started stretching.

"Sakai could you fill the drinks while i go over my notes with Sugawara?" Kiyoko asked.

"Yeah." i nodded, ready to do anything kiyoko asked me.

I picked up the water bottle holder and left to find an open water fountain.

I sat the water bottles by my feet and started filling them up one by one until i got a tap on my shoulder.

"can i use that for a second?" Iwaizumi asked, holding up his own water bottle. i nodded and stood aside as he filled his up.

"Iwaaa stop running from me." I heard Oikawa whine. when he noticed me he smiled, well aware of his impact on me by now, "I see you've met my friend, Iwa." he walked up beside me and put his arm around my shoulder.

Iwaizumi gave me a hard look as he twisted the cap on his water bottle. a shiver ran down my spine.

"The game is going to start soon, let's go."

"Cheer loud for me, babe." he tapped the bottom of my chin, which was slightly hanging, and followed Iwaizumi.

i held one of the water bottles up to my face to calm myself down, which worked a little bit. I spent the rest of my time with one hand holding a water bottle to my face and the other holding the water bottles that were being filled with water. I hurried back to the team, worried about being late.

Oikawa was first to serve, getting an ace and surprising Karasuno. I couldn't help but to stare at him as he celebrated. Just like before our eyes locked and he smirked then just like nothing happened got back to the end of the court to set himself up for another serve.

This time Noya dug it, sending it straight to Kageyama who set Tanaka.

Similar to the Nekoma match I cheered for both teams. I wanted Tanaka to get a kill but my newly developed crush for Oikawa had me rooting for him and consequently his team.

The ball was sent to Oikawa who gave his ace a flawless set that turned into a kill, earning Aobajohsai another point.

The Karasuno boys refused to give up even until their loss.

Though they were crushed from the close win they tried their bests to remain positive. Nearby i could Oikawa was gloating to a group of his fan girls. I grew a little frustrated with him and myself partially for even noticing him but pushed it back.

"You were right." I said, turning away from him to look at Kiyoko. She tilted her head, clearly confused.

"He's good."

she nodded, "His skills as a setter and energy as a teammate is nearly unrivaled."

"We almost beat him though."

"Aobajohsai gains a lot of its power from him but you can't let his flashiness distract you from the skilled players on his team." she advised.

i took a second to look over the other members who were talking amongst themselves. The ace, Iwaizumi, stood out for some reason. Clearly he was a skilled spiker to be the ace but he had a certain charm to him. Perhaps it was because of the fondness that the setter had for him. Even when thinking of others my mind drew back to Oikawa.

"Why do you have that stupid smile on your face?" Kageyama asked, gaining a punch from Tanaka.

"Dude that's not how you talk to girls!" He scolded.

"Yeah I feel bad for your girlfriend in the future." Nishinoya added.

"You have to be nice to girls! they're like leaves!" Hinata added, trying to teach Kageyama a lesson only to end up confusing everyone, including himself.

Daichi who was half listening took a second to help him out before continuing his conversation with Ennoshita, "I think you mean that girls are delicate like flowers." Tanaka and Noya nodded in agreement.

"At times like these i usually just make myself busy somewhere else." Kiyoko said, grabbing the water bottles and walking off.

Not wanting to be left behind i grabbed a water bottle from Tanakas hand and ran after her, ignoring the protests from the wing spiker.

After getting home just as i was about to undress for the shower the note that the handsome setter had wrote on my arm popped into my head. a rush of adrenaline ran through me and i pulled out my phone and quickly typed the number in.

once i finished adding his contact i sat on my bathroom counter, contemplating if i should text him or not.

I typed out a message painfully slow, deleting it a few times before staring at the send button.

my thumb hovered over the send button and i scoffed and let my arm fall, "what's the point..." i mumbled to myself. he was surrounded by girls nearly the entire day. that wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't flirting back with them, but he was. he's obviously a player, i doubt he would even see my message.

my dad knocked on the door, "can you hand me a box of tissues?"

"yeah." i responded, getting up and sorting through the closet for the box. i pulled open the door and handed it to him.

"Who are you talking to?" he said, looking at my phone.

"no one. i was going to text someone-" i stopped mid sentence as i glanced down at my phone.

somewhere between the time i finished texting to now i sent the text, plus a couple random letters at the end of it on accident.

not only that but i had already gotten a reply.

10/09/20
unedited
wc: 1757