Crossing a new line

Start from the beginning

"Uhhhh fine! I'll do it but they probably won't take it." Ink groaned leaving cross to look up with a glimmer of hope flashing over his eyes. "Really?" Cross stammered. Ink held out his hand gesturing for cross to give him the note, which he happily followed to. "I'll tell you who to bring it to after class, thanks ink!" Cross exclaimed with a gentle smile. Ink took the paper and nodded showing less emotion then he had before. "Uh-huh"

***

The bell for the last class rang, ink sighed relieved and started to pick up his stuff from his desk. As he was grabbing his notebook his pinky rubbed up against his chewed up pencil making it set off rolling. He tried to catch it at the least second but as luck who have it, failed. He dived down under his desk to grab it, but as he was coming back up his head smacked against the table. "Ow" he moaned before getting thrown a couple of giggles from his peers.

He crammed all his things into his backpack that was stoned to his back as he walked through the hallways. His eyes scanned the crowd, but no where could he see his friend. Just humans mixed with monsters that all looked down on him for the same reason. Even when he made his way out of the school was the sight of the monochrome skeleton still not seen. Ink grew to be annoyed, he wanted to get home and the snow that was all mush wasn't helping.

He waited for about six minutes before deciding to get up and check his half broken phone for any messages. "Where are you? I'm waiting at the bench near the window of cafe" Ink sent a message before flickering his screen to a game. Within a minute or so the phone buzzed and he was sent back a text, but to his surprise it had been geno who sent them message.

His eyes scanned read the message before cursing under his breath for two reasons. The first reason being that geno had somehow gotten his number and was using it; the second being that the text read "Where are you? I'm here to pick you up." He even used proper grammar in his sentence which oldy ticked ink off. He sighed, giving it about a minute or so more before he responded to the text- seeing that he was the only one to be seen left-.

He stood up with much regret when the mug like snow covered his old warm down shoes soaking them almost instantly. He began to make his way towards the front of the building were he could actually see a couple kids still waiting to be picked up. Most likely freshmen. He walked past them minding his own business, luckily no snickers or insults could be heard.

He approached the car he found to be Geno's, the windows where dusted over with fog making it nearly impossible to see inside or out. He reached for the car door but that hand was quickly grabbed by another who tugged ink towards them. Upon looking up ink saw cross who looked to be sweating and out of breath from presumably running his way over.

"Hey! I got your text I just was hung up with some stuff." Cross breathed, his breath puffing out a cloud of white. Ink nodded shortly looking up at the monochrome skeleton with dimly colored eyes. "Anyways, I need to tell you who it is don't I?" Cross smirked, only receiving another nod. No emotion. Lifeless. Cross felt a little unease by the icy stare he was given but shrugged it off as he leaned in to ink's nonexistent ear as if there were people around to hear who it was in the first place. "Nightmare." He breathed quietly.

Maybe if ink hadn't been so emotionless he would have done something more then a shrug, maybe if he wasn't so lifeless he would have seconds thoughts about it all, but no. In this state he was willing to do murder just to get that sweet relief of his vials again. So, he nodded and opened the car door to claim inside.

"How was that?" Fresh asked, not being able to have seen the person but definitely heard a bit of their conversation. Ink shrugged, responding in a monotoned voice. "A friend." His voice was dry, as if he had the cold that was chewing away at this throat. When ink glanced up he saw the familiar silhouettes of Error, who had his head phones in while being in the passenger seat, and Geno who was in the driver seat staring back at ink through the review mirror.