One Step Up

They both arrived at the same time. Ink and cross that is. Nether looked pleased that morning ether, cross was sluggish and tried from being awake most the night, thinking about the twins. Ink was unhappy for a different reason than just flat out tiredness.

As they got into the school, ink tiredly sighed, Dream taking notice and doing his dream thing. "Why?" Questions upon questions stacked up on ink's to do list and he was to famished to answer them all, even when they took less than a second to answer in full honesty. "I may be moving schools, to a private school."

"Which one?" Ink looked away. "You know that Christian one near your neighborhood? That one."

"Oh, Nightmare and I didn't like that school. The people there were creepy, and you had to wear all white. Even their math had Christianity in it." This made ink feel even worse than before. He knew a little about this religion but never even read a bible before, nonetheless held one. "But it was fun. I would have stayed if it wasn't for my brother sending some poor kid to the hospital."

"I could care less to get into it, but I think I have to."

"You have to?"

"I mean, I think. It's just that my new family is heavily Christian, and think they won't open to me more if I were too. They said in the car that this school is showing me wrong things." Dream smirk, reaching his arm out to flick the top of Ink's skull. "Good, maybe than you won't get pregnant."

"I don't think that won't ever happen..." The artist muttered crossing his arms, and leaning up against dreams locker. "By the way, how was the play?"

"The play?"

"Yes?"

"Oh" Ink looked down, at a loss of words. "It was good."

He uttered looking deep into his thoughts before a tall glass of teenage depression walked into their hall. And, like any other time he's tried, he strides up to his locker putting in the 6 digit code only to get it wrong, and slam his head to his locker indirectly communicating his stress with the un-alive locker.

Like any other day, ink infected Error's life with his own comments about the matter. "Your half way through the school year and still don't know how to open your locker?"

"It's not my fault, I swear the janitor keeps changing it."

"You think the janitor is sabotaging you from your school work?"

"Yes." The glitched one said coldly as Dream pushed by to unlock error's own locker.

"Nope, it's the same code as it's ever been." Dream chuckled holding open the locker door to show that its hadn't changed. "See? The evil janitor stole my snake!" Error protested stepping nearly into his own locker, shuffling throughout papers before pulling out a what looked to be month old black and blue banana. "Here it is"

"What is that?" Ink looked at the decease bananas sticking his tongue out as if he was disgusted by the sheer sight of what looked to be hosted by a parasite. Instead of acting normally, the black one grabbed the tip of the banana pulling off its skin to peek out what was left of the inside. Dream couldn't tell what was worse, the outside that looked at him with an unsettling face or the inside that smelt like that toddler that you have to force into a bath when they smell like shit mixed with death. Then, he ate it with no hesitation, there wasn't even any distress singles that told him it was poison.

"What was that?" Cross laughed cutting into the dire scene with his grim look cut off his face. "Banana." Error grinned ignoring the obvious mush of death he was eating. "That came from your locker?"