To The Aquarium

I walk as quietly as I can to make sure I don't wake up mother. I grab my bow and arrow off the hook at the front of our hut before opening the door slowly and making little to no noise when I close the door. I crouch down as I start to walk slowly towards Lev and Yara's hut. I take a quick intake of breath when I have to hide behind one of the walls as a patrol group passes by me. When they pass I keep moving. The lights are off at Lev and Yara's, so I slowly open the door and tip toe over to Lev's bed. I poke at him slowly and when he starts to stir he begins to make a noise but I cover his mouth to keep him quiet. He widens his eyes but relaxes when he see's it's just me. I motion for him to follow me and hand him his clothes. Lev furrows his eyebrows but does what I say anyways. I turn around to give him privacy to get changed and when I feel him tap my back I turn around. I motion for him to turn around as I can quickly braid his hair into a crown. Once I'm done I motion for Lev to follow me and we move quietly out the door.

"Tate, where are we going?" Lev asks me as we stay crouched and lookout for any patrols.

"I found a place I want to take you."

"In the middle of the night?"

"Only time we can go." I tell him and he sighs before following me. I lead him out of the Haven and we grab a boat to go downtown. Lev gets in the boat, but he continues to stare worriedly.

"What if we get caught?"

"We won't. I planned this out we will be back before morning."

"Where are you taking me, Tate. We will get in huge trouble if we're caught."

"That's if we get caught. Trust me, Lev, you'll like this." Lev sighs but gives me a nod. I maneuver the boat, driving us to destination I planned out. When we get to the docks I help Lev out of the boat before jumping out and tying the boat to the dock, "Okay, follow me." I tell Lev and he gives me a confused look before following. We walk through the streets and I keep my bow ready in case we run into any Wolves. Lev has his bow by his side.

"Why aren't we taking the bridge?"

"Because we don't need it. It's not far from the dock." Lev nods and we keep moving. I pull Lev down when I spot a Wolf in the distance, "Now's a good time to practice if you want some." I tell Lev and he looks at the Wolf. He nods at me slowly before pulling back the bow, "Keep your breath steady." Lev looks at me from the side of his eye before nodding and steadying his breath. He lets out one last deep breath before releasing the arrow and letting it fly. It's not exactly on target and lands in the Wolves shoulder. Before he can alert the others I quickly aim my bow and release an arrow that lodges into his head. I let out another one at the Wolves and take out the small group.

Lev sighs, "I'll never be as good as you."

"Yes you will. I'll do everything I can to make you a solider Lev. Just keep practicing." Lev nods, "Come on. It's just around the corner." I tell Lev and he follows me as we make our way. When we get to the intended destination I put a hand on Lev's back to guide him into the store I found.

"Why'd you bring me here?" Lev asks me as he looks around, "We don't touch old world stuff."

"I know. But I thought we could make an exception this time."

"It's wrong, Tate."

"No it's not. Does it feel wrong?"

"Kind of."

"Just trust me. Please?" Lev sighs, but nods.

"Okay. Just close your eyes." He closes his eye and I go over to the clothes I found and take Lev''s hair and add a cap to hide it. I pull the shirt over Lev's body and examine him, "Okay now look." Lev goes over to the mirror in the room and examines his appearance. The shirt I picked out hides the breast that he is developing and the hat is something called a bald cap that hides his hair. I go up behind Lev and and smile at him through the mirror, "There we go. You look very handsome, Lev." His eyes start to tear up. This being the first time his feminine features are diminished. He turns around and gives me a big hug.