Scars

I wake up when my head is dunked into a pool of water and my ability to breath leaves me. I gasp when my head is thrown out of the water and hits a hard surface behind me. It takes a minute for my eyes to reset and look around where I am. My hands are tied behind my back and I squint at the building and see we're outside the TV station.

"Come on." The WLF soldier grunts as they take my tied up arms and drag me inside the TV Station. I decide not to fight right now since even if I were to somehow get free there are about 10 guns trained at my head, so the minute I lose one I have 9 other shots coming at me, "Hey Leah! I got someone for you to take to Issac." The WLF shouts out to 'Leah'. I see boots come in front of me and I look up to see some girl with dark hair and blue eyes stare at me.

"The fuck I'm supposed to do with this? Why didn't you just kill her?"

"Look at her clothes, her shoes. She was carrying a gun. Does that sound like a normal Scar to you? She was travelling with some trespassing girl who got away. She has intel, on both the Scars and whoever the fuck is here and killing all our men."

Leah looks at me with a questioning gaze, "Bring her to one of the closets and lock the door. I'll deal with her later." The WLF soldier nods as he drags me up the stairs making sure to knock me around on each step. When we get up to the top floor the soldier drags me to one of the office doors and drags me to a closet, throwing me in. I cough from the impact and jump when the door slams shut and a click is heard as I'm brought into complete and utter darkness.

"Enjoy this bitch. You're about to go through hell soon." I hear the WLF soldier say. My breath shakes as I sit in darkness. We haven't even been in Seattle for a full day and I'm already caught by WLF? I lived here for 17 years without getting caught. Sadly I don't know what's worse, being captured by WLF or by the Seraphites. Both don't seem like great options to me.

I don't know how long I sit here for. It could be hours or honestly could be minutes. I don't move since I don't know what is around me and it's probably better to be quiet. My body freezes when I hear commotion going on outside the doors. I furrow my eyebrows and try to listen. I feel my lungs collapse and my body shakes as I know that noise. I know that whistle. Gun shots fire outside and I hear the cries of wounded. I try to keep my breathing steady in hopes that they don't hear me. I hope they don't open that door. Soon the gunfire stops. There's still footsteps outside the door, so the Seraphites won. I hold my hand over my mouth in hopes to keep my breath silent. The door jiggles and I close my eyes. May she keep me calm. I sigh in relief when I hear the jiggling stop and the footsteps retreat until I am in silence once again.

My calm state doesn't last as I hear more footsteps and the door clicks before swinging open and I'm looking dead in the eyes of other Seraphites with their bows trained at me.

"They had one of ours!" The young Seraphites soldier yells. He looks maybe thirteen, so he is just starting out. Good, means he won't recognize me. Hopefully my luck is okay with the rest. I get up and shakily walk towards the boy, "You okay? How long were you in there for?"

"I uh, I don't know." He nods and looks down at my clothing, "They-they took mine. This was in the closet." The boy doesn't look convinced. My breath shakes as I hear more footsteps behind me.

"We just finished hanging the Wolves. Come on, let's get moving before their backup come." A new voice says. My body freezes as I recognize the voice. It's one of my old patrol partners, "Who's this?" He asks, "Hey! Turn around." I close my eyes and slowly turn around and pray that he doesn't recognize me. When I make eye contact his eyes widen and he aims his bow at me, "Guys! It's Isabella! She's back." I start to back away but I walk into an arrow pointed into my back.