CHAPTER 21

"All rise, the Court is now in session." Said by the clerk of court.

We all gathered in this square room to prove that my son's father was guilty of killing my friend. I'll make sure you get jail, Ace. I will not let you touch me or my child. A murderer like you should not be allowed to be happy and free, I myself will put you in prison. Mark my words.

"Representing the state your Honor, Prosecutor Monzanto" Said by the prosecutor.

"Counsel for the defense, your Honor." Atty. Costa said.

Until now I can not believe that my older brother really fought me in court but I will make sure they do not win. We have enough evidence to hold Ace in jail.

After they read the information.

"Mr. Raven Ace Collins, did you understand the information that was read to you?"

"Yes, your Honor."

"What is your plea?"

"Not guilty, your Honor" Ace replied and turned his gaze to me. I was just staring at him, disbelief. How could he plea himself not guilty? he did the crime! I saw him!

The trial started. I just keep myself calm for my baby. I do not want to do something that will harm my son, even if it hurts for me to do it to his father I can do nothing else because I will choose David this time. I love Ace but that is not the basis for me to cover up the crimes he committed against my friend.

For a few months I did not talk to my friend properly because of Ace, I was choking on him but I did not take it because I love him, I tried to think that everything he does is for my sake but no, it's just for the sake of himself. He was very selfish, came to the point that he even took my freedom from me.

I blame myself for everything that happened, I don't know, David is gone, Dad's condition is worsened, and Kuya even sided with Ace and he didn't want to believe me.

Wasn't it enough that I saw everything to prove to them that Ace killed my best friend? Why the hell the justice is so blind!

"The accused, Mr. Raven Ace Collins was charged with the murder under article 248 section 6 of the penal code. He committed the offence 
at 8pm, September 1, at the premises 04, Caron village. Under section 6 of Penal Code of the philippines, if the accused were found guilty, he will be punished by reclusion perpetua, imprisonment to death. Today the prosecution side represented by Miss. Rowena Monzanto while from the defense counsel side represented by Mister. Anthony Costa. The trial begins."

"I would like to ask your permission  to bring my first witness for this case" The prosecutor said.

"Yes, you may" The judge replied.

"Thank you, your honor"

Miss Monzanto led me to stood and and went in front. My both hands are shaking in nervousness, I can't look directly at the people in front of us. Kuya Anthony, as well as Ace, just stared at me.

"I swear that the evidence that I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God." After I stated the oath and the information about me they started to ask questions.

"You said that you are at the crime scene where the deceased was killed?"

"Yes."