💖Flower picking • Scenario💖

Asmodeus laid on his back, eyes shut. His body was stretched out in the grass as though he were trying to absorb as much sunlight as possible.

"You're acting like a flower right now," you commented.

He lightly opened an eyelid to peek at you. "Because I'm beautiful and smell heavenly..?"

"Hmm..." You softly grinned at him and he smiled back. That wasn't your intended meaning, but he is beautiful. A warm breeze filled the atmosphere and rustled the leaves of nearby trees. You sat back, holding yourself up with your arms behind you. These human world summers were much warmer than those of the Devildom... Well, any moment with Asmodeus was warm to you. "Yeah, exactly. You're beautiful in the sunlight."

"Aww, thank you!" He must've gotten compliments from countless other demons, but the happy tone in his voice when you said the slightest sweet things to him could not be coaxed out by anyone else. "You're a flower too~" he cooed. "More beautiful than all the rest! The sun shines on you in envy of your brightness!... Hehe, sorry, that's sappy."

You lazily tangled your fingers through his silky wavy hair. "Thank you, sweetness," you hummed. His smile bloomed in response to your touch and honeyed affirmations. He'd typically portray himself as shamelessly confident; so you found it mildly worrying that he was apologizing for being sappy.

He closed his eyes, appearing peaceful enough to be asleep. "Are you alright?" You softly whispered. It might've been the way he avoided your gaze, or how quiet he was, but you felt inclined to ask.

He turned onto his side to face you, staring at the hand that you had been using to stroke his head. Quietly.

The thought of him being upset sunk your heart to your stomach. You noticed his face was tinted pink, and couldn't tell wether he was blushing, sunburnt, overheating, or just wearing makeup.

Before you could ask anything more, he plucked a little yellow flower from the ground and spun the stem between his index and thumb. "I love being here with you." He cutely reached his arm forward and placed the flower on your knee.

"Thank you," you hummed, expressing gratitude for both his statement and the flower. He remained quiet again, eyes concentrated like he was trying to collect his thoughts together. You gave him time, laying back with your arms working as a pillow behind your head.

You glanced over to him, and he looked right at you."When you're right besides me like this, I could so easily reach out to hold you," he softly commented.

You blinked at him a few times, feeling warmer thinking about it. "...Why don't you?"

He crossed his arms over his chest as though to simulate the comfort of a hug. Your soul was instantly shaken with the need to pull him into a hug. You didn't.

"I don't know if you'd want me to. I mean, I'm Asmodeus, so who wouldn't want my hugs? But you're not like other humans or demons or angels... it's confusing and it makes me nervous. You're so special to me and I don't want to mess up."

You gently lifted the flower he handed you and shuffled closer to him. "I feel nervous around you too. But I really like how you make me feel." I really like you. You tucked the flower behind his ear and wrapped your arms around him. The grass tickled your skin and being close to him made your chest feel warm and fuzzy. "You can hold me..." whenever you want to. You bit those last words back.

He slipped his arms around your waist and serenely grinned. "I love you so much, y/n." He nuzzled his head against your chest, making your heart explode with affection.

"...I love you so much too." You held him closer, as closely as you could. But are you in love with me? Your question remained unanswered, as it always did. Each of you knew you loved another, but neither knew how the other would answer that question. Your hand trailed back to his head to stroke his locks of hair and he softly exhaled.

These gentle moments made you so certain that the answer was yes, even just for a few confident seconds. Maybe if you asked him now, he would tell you yes. Maybe if you confessed all you felt, he would smile and kiss you and tell you he's felt the same, and you could share your souls with one another. Maybe if you held him long enough he'd understand it. Maybe words just aren't enough.

"We should take some pictures while we're here," you quietly suggested. You didn't want to move to check the time, but the sun wouldn't be out forever.

"Five more minutes..." he mumbled, hugging you tighter.

"Alright," you smiled back. "Alright."