❤️Insecurities • [Sins and Self-Care!]❤️

Summary:
For people who are feeling insecure,

Lucifer has noticed that you don't think too highly of yourself, and reminds you that you're the most amazing person he's ever met.

***

He's always tried to make it a point to compliment you. When you left the house looking sharp, when you made things, when you accomplished things, and sometimes simply to express his adoration of you.

It came naturally to Lucifer to remind you of his affections. Every subtle appreciative nod, smile, and heartfelt word was for that very purpose.

Which is precisely why your words from the night before still hadn't left his mind.

"You really want to be seen going out with me?"

He recalled how you said it in a lighthearted way, as though you were only telling a joke. He had quickly reassured you with "Why of course. Why else would I ask? There is no one else I would rather have accompany me." And left it at that.

Though he didn't take it lightheartedly at all. And after that interaction, he noticed how often you'd say that sort of self-deprecating thing with a weak smile.

It began to worry him. While he was mildly disappointed in himself for not imbuing a sense of pride into you, his biggest concern was what you could be going through all alone. And that simply would not do.

So now, he strode his way to your room. He paused briefly to softly knock and call out your name. He was careful not to drop the small plate of tea in his other hand.

You, in turn, gave a brief pause before responding with "Come in!"

He carefully opened the door, revealing both himself and the tea tray he carried

"Good afternoon Y/N," he warmly greeted.

"Hey Luci," you smiled back, relaxing in your bed.

Your soft grin made his heart flutter with joy; as no one else had such a bright reaction upon seeing him. Well, Diavolo and Simeon don't count.

"May I sit?" He politely asked.

"Well it's your house, Luci." Again, the sweet nickname you called him.

"It's your room, Y/N," he refuted. "And by extension, your rules."

He set the tray on your desk and took a seat for himself. The magical plants around your bedside made the air distinctly crisp in the room. In your calming presence, he relaxed, stretching his arms back and cracking his neck.

"You made tea?" You pondered, breaking the silence.

"I did. It's nothing like Barbatos's, but..." He cleared his throat, picking up your cup and holding it out. "I made it for you."

You gently took the cup, the heat warming your palms and the gesture warming your heart. "So you came here to give me tea?"

"Well yes, and to talk with you."

The humid steam from the cup floated up to tickle your face. "Am I in trouble, or were you lonely?" you joked with a grin.