🧡You Matter to Me • [Sins and Self-Care!]🧡

Summary:
For people struggling with disordered eating,

Beel gets worried when he notices your irregular eating habits, and tries to comfort you and open up about his own experience.

***

Recently, Beel has noticed that your eating habits are a bit... strange. He didn't comment on it since he wasn't sure what the normal amount of food for a human was.

...And you always shied away from the topic, so he figured it might be best not to put you on the spot about it.

Instead, he strided to your cozy room to check in. He forgot to knock, and when he entered, it seemed to startle you. "Wha-?!"

"Sorry, hey," he softly greeted.

You relaxed upon seeing it was just your ginger-headed demon at the door. "Oh, hey Beel." With the way he smiled brightly when you acknowledged him, it was hard to stay upset with his lack of knocking.

"Can I sit here?" He asked, gesturing to the chair at your desk. You noticed he had a bottle of water in his hand.

"You can sit wherever," you offered. In truth, you could really use his company right now. "You can come closer too, if you want." You scooted your legs in, leaving room for one extra demon to sit at the foot of your bed.

He nodded in appreciation and plopped down there. You watched, pondering the reason he wanted to see you. "Oh, right. I got you this." He handed the water bottle off to you, which you gratefully accepted.

"Thank you..." There was an unmistakable small glint of worry in his purple eyes as he rubbed his hands together, a bit unsure of himself. He shook his head, then smiled and reached his hand out to yours.

Holding hands was your typical way of comforting each other. Through nightmares and dark walks and under the table, it was a soft reminder of I'm here, I care, It's ok. You silently took it, feeling his rough skin against yours. "So, what's up?" You were sure he didn't come just to give you water.

He cleared his throat and gave your hand a gentle squeeze. His hand felt much bigger compared to yours. "Y/N, Are you feeling alright?"

You weakly smiled, hoping you haven't been worrying him recently. "Wh-what makes you ask?"

He knows from experience that emotions and food can be a hard subject, so he quietly thought of a way to phrase his concerns differently. "...You look like you need a hug sometimes."

You stared back at him, and he felt small and soft under your thoughtful gaze. "Awh Beel," you muttered, shifting over to him and pulling him into a hug. "Your hugs are nice. I could use more of them."

When he returned your embrace, his arms felt strong and warm around you. "Your hugs are nice too." He loved to hold you, and hoped that maybe it would communicate everything he felt towards you that words failed to explain. "I've noticed... your hands are shaky when you carry your books..." He slowly started. "And you're faint and tired a lot... and your eating seems a bit irregular... so I'm a little worried."

"I'm surprised you noticed," you tiredly whispered. Not even the most perceptive of the brothers have made note of your struggles yet.