💜Sitting on the Porch at Night • Levi [Prompt 3]💜

Summary
Levi goes to the porch to escape a party. MC (they/them) shows up to bring him company and comfort.

Intended to be read as platonic

***

It was an hour into the party when Mc noticed that Levi was nowhere to be seen. Not in any of the corners, not by the food bar, and not curled up on any furniture.

They tried texting him, but got no response.

After a lot of unsuccessful searching, they thought about checking the bathrooms; but decided that they'd rather look outside first.

When they walked out onto the porch, they almost didn't see him. Levi was scrunched up on his side in a cushioned bench, tapping the buttons on his Sintendo. He blended in fairly well with the shadows.

Apparently he hadn't seen them either, because when they said "hey," he jolted so suddenly that he squeaked and dropped his game.

He skittishly snatched it back up within seconds, and backed up against the chair as he watched them walk closer to him.

"Sorry," they softly said, leaning on the porch railing next to his bench. "I was wondering where you went."

"Oh," he said, fidgeting with his hands. "I was..." his voice trailed off. He was sulking after his cowardly escape from the overwhelming amounts of people and noises at the party. And he wasn't planning on going back.

"Are you taking a break?"

He sighed, and nodded. "Parties are... too much, sometimes," he uttered. "So I'm playing Animal Traveling."

"Can I watch you play?"

He was a bit surprised and confused by their offer, as he had assumed that they were there just to check in, not to stay. "Uhm..."

"Or I can go if you'd prefer," they gently said, uncertain of how much space he needed.

"No!" He exclaimed, a bit annoyed with himself at how he always managed to come off the wrong way. "No, it's not like that. I mean, of course you can stay. If you want to..."

"I do want to." With that, they sat down and reclined next to him.

They watched as he designed the interior of a house in-game, and made conversation with the adorable characters in it.

For a moment he paused, like he'd just thought of something. He continued his game, and began to talk as he played:

"...Conversations are just so hard," he mumbled. "I feel so dumb sometimes. It feels like everyone is waiting for me to mess up, or even like they're TRYING to make me look stupid. I don't get normies. I don't understand what they know that I don't. I like how in games, you get pre-made responses, so you don't have to come up with it all by yourself."

"I like when you talk to me," they said. "I think you do a good job at it."

"You're just weird," he replied. Then he froze, realizing how rude that might have sounded. "Wait-! Uhm, I didn't mean it like that! I just mean- you know, you're not like anyone else? Like- I actually feel comfortable around you! Which is weird because I don't feel that way around other people!!"

They smiled kindly, and it put his worries to rest. "Yeah, I know what you mean, Levi. And I like being around you too."

He smiled softly. "Thanks."

He let them point to where he should go in the game, and explained different characters and mechanics as they went along. They happily listened to his rambling, leaning closer to listen and look at the screen.

After a while, they stretched their back out, but couldn't quite get the spot that felt sore. "Can I rest my head on your shoulder?" They asked him. "My neck is feeling sore."

"Sure!" He said. "Do you want a turn playing, by the way?"

"Yes. You have to help me out, though."

So they sat together for the rest of the party, enjoying the peace and quiet of the night until it was time to go home.

***

A/N- Levi 💜