(TwsT)💠 Azul x Mermaid!Reader

Start from the beginning

"Y/n I... I need your help,"

-------

'What could these people possibly want with my class photo?' I wondered as I managed to swim away with the museum photo.

'Yuu said there would be people who would try to stop me, but I haven't come across anyone. Well except for the guards by they were kind,' I wondered.

I sighed as I swam through the beautiful blue ocean I grew up in. I didn't know how to feel coming back here after giving on land for so long. Only to come back here to steal something.

---

(back at the Savanaclaw)

"Did you get the photo?" Yuu asked as he ran up to me.

"Yep, here it is," I said as I handed him the photo.

"So this is it? So where are you in this photo?" Yuu asked.

" I'm in the back in the corner with little Azul," I smiled as I pointed to the two children in the back of the class.

"That's you and Azul?!" Grimm asked in shock.

"Yep, we were good friends. He was so cute and squishy♥," I cooed as I looked at the chubby round Octo-mer.

"We need this to free Grimm and the other student's soo. Can we please have it?" Yuu asked me.

"Alright, if it will help others," I sighed as I handed them the photo, " Just be careful, I hear these people are not the most trustworthy,"

"I will, and don't worry I have a plan in cause they don't keep their word," Yuu smiled with confidence.

-------

"Man this place is just covered in webs," Floyd whined as he sweeps the walls of the Ramshackle Dorm.

"Well Azul said to get this pace ready for business as soon as possible," Jade said as he opened a nearby room.

As he looked around the already clean room, something caught his eye. On the nightstand was Ocean shells and trinkets, and On the bed was a Cap. Not just any cap, but a large jellyfishcap that looked strangely familiar. Jade picked it up and the "ribbon" that dangled from it gave him a quick shock. Jade whined and dropped the Jellyfish on the bed.

"Nee, Jade what's wrong?" Floyd asked as his eyes landed on the jellyfish on the bed, " Hey, doesn't this belong to our dear friend?"

"It looks like the same one yes," Jade said as he carefully picked it up.

"Let's turn this into Azul," Floyd smiled as he grabbed the jellyfish.

-----

" You found this in the Ramshackle Dorm? Did you see any other resident in the Dorm before you kick Yuu and Grimm out?" Azul asked as he held the jellyfish.

Azul recognized this Cap right away, he knew this was his dear friends.

"No, Though Yuu did bring out an extra suitcase on his way out. So the other resident must have been out by the time we arrived," Jade explained.

"How can this be, Y/n would have drowned on land. There is no way for her to survive," Azul said in disbelief as he stared at the cap.

------- 

(After the Blot battle)

"Here's the photo we promised, though now it's kind of pointless cause all the contracts are dust know," Yuu said he showed Azul the Photo, " But what I don't understand is why you wanted your and Y/n's elementary class photo?"

"Y/n, How do you know that name, and how did you know this was even my photo?" Azul asked as he quickly sat up.

"It's cause she told us," Grimm spoke up.

"She told you?" Jade asked.

"She's our dorm mate at Ramshackle," Yuu explained, " She said was a friend of yours,"

"She's in school?! Where is she?!" Azul asked as he got to his feet.

"Well bring her to the museum tomorrow with us when you return the Photo, I promise. Right now you need to rest," Yuu said as he helped Azul sit down.

-----------

At the museum, Azul passed back and forth as he muttered nervesly to himself.

"Azul!?" called out a familiar voice.

Azul paused as he slowly turned towards the voice. There she was with her beautiful smile and all. Azul could feel his heart flutter in his chest as ink tears started to spill from his tear ducts. Y/n sighed in relief as she swam over to her crybaby of a friend that she loves so much. She smiled warmly as she wiped away his tears as Azul pulled her close. He hugged her tightly, fearing that this was all just a dream.

"You've changed so much Azul," Y/n chucked as she leaned into his hug.

"I can't believe your here, your alive and safe," Azul hiccuped, " I missed you so much,"

"I missed you too," Y/n smiled as Azul rested his chin on top of her head, " I'm sorry I couldn't return sooner. I was taken so far away I didn't know how to return home,"

"I'm just glad you alive and oaky, and this time I'm not letting you get stolen from me again," Azul mumbled as his lips grazed Y/n's cheek.

Y/n's cheeks reddened slightly as she kissed Azul's cheek. Yuu watched from afar with a calm smile on his face, when he suddenly felt two pairs of eyes staring down at him.

"Nee, What are you staring at Shrimp chan?" Floyd whispered in Yuu's ear.

"Wha- I-I," Yuu stuttered.

"Why don't we give those two some privacy," Jade smiled as he dragged Yuu away.

----------