3: It's Never Nothing

En başından başla

"Later."

I could tell whatever it was still hurt him to talk about. Eric wasn't big on feelings like grief or sadness. It made him feel human; he wasn't big on being human.

"Ok."

"I'll help you, find Bill."

"Thank you."

He walked me to my car and kissed me.

"I'll see you tomorrow maybe."

He just nodded. He was still off wherever that memory was.

OoOoO

When I got back to Bon Temps I decided there was no way I was going to be able to sleep so I stopped at Sookie's. Lily's car was parked in the driveway.

I knocked on the door. "Hey Rach, your sister is asleep down the hall."

"Oh alright. I don't think I can sleep. I went to talk to Eric, he said he'll help."

"That's great!"

"Can I just hang out here for a while? I don't want to go home."

"Yeah. I told Lily she could sleep here as long as she needed. The whole vampire thing is really messing with her. She'd rather be here than a house any vampire can enter."

"Makes sense."

"I'm doing a little house cleaning if you want to help," she said.

"Yeah that sounds good."

"Well grab a broom."

OoOoO

A few hours later Sookie was getting ready to go to work.

"You think you and Lily will be alright if I leave you here?" She asked.

"Yeah we'll be alright."

"Ok well watch out."

"Yeah you too," I nodded.

OoOoO

Lily woke up eventually, I heard her moving around, but if she ever came out of her room I must've had the TV on too loud because I didn't hear her. When Sookie came home the two of us sat on her couch in silence waiting for something to happen.

Then there was a knock at the door. We both jumped and then walked slowly towards the front of the house and through the curtains on the door I could see Eric.

We went outside and he explained to Sookie what he had told me the night before. After he did she went back inside to let us talk.

Eric sighed. "I shouldn't want Bill found, I would be much better off if he disappeared forever but now that these werewolves are coming for you I have no choice. I never wanted to put you in danger."

"I put myself in danger when I decided to stay and live in Bon Temps, and then when I decided to go on a date with you. Do you think life here is easy? My sister has locked herself in her room because of you, I'm pretty sure she hates me. A family member I just met might be dead. Life here is anything but easy."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. I'm stupid."

"You aren't."

"If I was smart I would've gotten out of here the moment I met Bill. I wouldn't be standing here right now. I wouldn't have fallen in love with you."

"You make things increasingly more difficult every time I see you."

I sighed. "You ought to get used to it. Are you going to in?"

"Of course. I've got to protect you from your own stupidity." He smiled.