25: Prisoners Without Chains

LPOV

"I'm so fucking tired of these cells!" I snapped as the guards tossed us into the last empty cell. The other two were occupied by the other vampires' dinner.

"We're fucked," Eric said.

"Bill won't let them kill us."

"Are you sure about that?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to defend Bill but then closed it and shook my head. "I don't know anymore." I glanced around and realized that Molly hadn't been brought into the room. "Where's the tech geek?"

"Probably facing judgment in the main chamber."

"They're going to kill her, aren't they? No matter what she says? That's our fault."

"She wanted out of here just as badly as we do. She knew the risk she was taking when she agreed to help."

"Your presence is required in the main chamber," one of the guards said opening the door to our cell. One of the men wrapped something around my eyes to prevent me from glamouring any of them. The guards grabbed us and led us down the hall. Bill was waiting inside when they opened the doors.

"The others want you both executed. They might be willing to be more lenient towards you, Lily. I can make the argument that you were under the compulsion of your maker," Bill said.

"I wasn't," I spit at him. "I don't want to be part of your insane new religion!" Bill pulled the blindfold so it fell around my neck but avoided my eyes so I couldn't do anything.

"Lilith will show us the way," Nora said.

"Lilith can suck my dick," I snapped. Nora looked a bit taken aback. I looked at Bill again, "You can't honestly expect me to listen to you, right?"

"I don't want you to listen to me. I want you to listen to Lilith." He removed a dropper from his pocket. Eric started struggling against the guard.

"No, I won't," Eric said.

"I'll do it with you," Nora said dropping to her knees next to him.

"Bill, are you crazy? In case you forgot, last time I took that I died," I said.

"And I'm very sorry it turned out this way but I'm afraid this is necessary for your survival." He forced my mouth open and made me take a drop from the dropper and then did the same to Eric. Bill walked out of the room, no doubt to watch on the security screens a safe distance from us. For a moment nothing happened and then a red light appeared. It was impossible to control my powers when I had Lilith's blood and I could hear voices in my head from all over the compound. I moaned and put my head in my hands trying to silence the noise.

"Godric," Eric whispered. I looked up quickly. The red light had been replaced with a man. Godric had met the true death before Rachel and I had come to Bon Temps so we had never met him. Rachel probably knew more about him than I did; Eric and I hadn't really gotten a chance to talk about his early life with all that had been happening since we'd gotten together.

"No!" Nora exclaimed. "How are you here?"

"My blood is in you, my children." He walked towards us and touched Nora's cheek. She shrank away from him. Godric moved past Eric and touched my face next. The voices filling my head suddenly grew quiet. "Eric's new progeny. You are a special one aren't you?"

"Am I?" I asked.

He smiled. "I think you know the answer to that."

"Where is Lilith?" Nora cried out.

"Lilith will destroy you," Godric said, turning his attention to his own progeny.

"She is our god!"