29: Losing The One You Love

LPOV

Eric came into the room and noticed me sitting on the bed. "Lily, I told you to wait outside."

"Yeah and clearly I didn't listen."

"Have you gotten anything out of her?" Eric asked me.

"A little bit, things about the experiments."

"What experiments?" He asked.

"Willa can tell you," I told him. Truthfully I wasn't sure how much else she really knew but I didn't want Eric to kill her. "We should take her back to Fangtasia. They'll be looking for you here." He nodded and picked her up. They climbed out the window and I jumped out after them. Eric wrapped an arm around me and took off.

RPOV

I sat cross-legged in one of Sookie's living room chairs waiting for something to happen. Jason had gone into the kitchen leaving Niall and I alone. He lay back on the sofa and I stared at the wallpaper. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say to this faerie that was apparently my father. Lily had told me she had a lot to fill me in on about Bill, who'd basically become like our dad, well now I had lots to tell her about our biological one. I texted Lily, letting her know I needed to talk to her when she had the chance.

Niall sat up quickly. "Warlow," he said. I followed him out of the house and Jason came running out after us. "Keep Sookie in the house," he ordered Jason before grabbing my arm and teleporting us towards the vampire.

"Jason, oh my god!" I heard Sookie yell behind us.

"So much for staying in the house," I mumbled. Niall grabbed my arm again and we teleported back to Sookie and Jason, then quickly inside. Sookie and I sat Jason down on the couch. "Well that was a waste of energy," I said. "At this rate we're never going to catch Warlow."

"Are you alright, Jason?" Sookie asked, ignoring me.

"I'm fine," Jason said.

I rolled my eyes. "People who faint for no reason are not fine."

"I'm fine, Rach. Ok?"

"Why are you not afraid of Warlow?" Niall asked Sookie.

"I am afraid," she said.

"You should be more afraid, he isn't coming after me."

"I can't remember the last time someone was trying to kill me or someone I cared about. Danger has become my entire life. Rachel and Lily's too for that matter. Speaking of, why isn't Warlow after Rachel? I saw you take her with you. Percentage wise I'm not a halfling but she is. You keep saying our blood is royal but she has more of it. Not to throw you under the bus, Rachel, but honestly."

"The twins were not promised to Warlow, you were," Niall told her. "Now, Rachel and I are going out."

"Where to?" Jason and I asked at the same time.

"We're taking the fight to him."

"I'm not here for epic battles, remember? I'm here to be convinced this is worth my time, since like you said; I'm not the one being targeted. No offense, Sookie."

"I'm trying to convince you," Niall said. "Now come along."

LPOV

It was an awkward ride back to the bar as there really wasn't enough room for both Willa and me to be holding on to Eric. I was glad when we landed and I could have my personal space back. We walked into Fangtasia where we found Pam and Tara sitting at the bar. "Where's Nora?" Eric asked.