6: If You Love Me Then Why Are You Dying?

RPOV

Sookie wanted us to leave so she could talk to Bill. After a few minutes Bill came out with blood tears running down his face. Lily and I got up. He hugged us. "I'm glad you're alright," Lily said.

"I'll see you two when you get home," he said.

"Ok," I said.

"It would probably be best if you moved in with Sookie, for her benefit and yours."

"Are you kicking us out?" Lily asked.

"No, it would just be better if you lived with her."

"Fine," I said. "We'll come by and get our things tomorrow."

OoOoO

Alcide drove Sookie, Lily and I back to Bon Temps.

"I'm just going to go to sleep," Lily said.

Sookie looked at me and Alcide. "Yeah I'm pretty tired too. I'll see you in the morning Rach."

We went into the living room and sat down. "I hope Sookie is ok," I said.

"I think she's stronger than she looks," Alcide said.

"No kidding."

"What happened with you, Lily and Sookie at the hospital?"

"I don't really want to talk about it." I said. "If you need to get back to Jackson you can go."

"I'm not leaving the three of you alone right now."

"Well Lily and I kinda have all the rooms filled up right now."

"That's ok. I can sleep on the couch." He looked at me. "Are you ok? Everyone is worried about Sookie, but she isn't the only one that went through a lot."

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Come here."

He held me until I fell asleep just like that first night in Jackson.

OoOoO

The next morning Alcide got a call from Janice. Debbie's pack had burned down Janice's hair salon.

"Sorry," I said.

"It's not your fault, Debbie has always been crazy. I need to get back to Jackson."

"Yeah, I understand."

"You could come with me," he said hopefully.

"I'd love to, but I can't leave Sookie and Lily."

"What about Russell?"

"I can't go on the run. Plus, that's all the more reason can't leave them."

"I guess I can't tell you what's best for you."

"If I knew what was best for me, I would've fallen in love with someone like you. I don't know what's best, but I know what's right."

"I'll miss you Rachel."

I hugged him.

"You'll see me again."

"I hope so."

OoOoO

Later that afternoon I had my shift at Merlotte's. When I came home Sookie and Lily were talking to some girl in her kitchen.

"Hey," I said when I walked in.

"Oh, Rachel you're home. This is my cousin Hadley."

"Nice to meet you," I said.