32: All Good Things Come To An End

LPOV

We made it to Bill's house. I hadn't seen him since Sookie had tried to kill him. It was weird to feel unwelcome in my own home. Bill came to the top of the stairs. He didn't look crazy, he just looked like Bill. I wanted to run into his arms and have him tell me these past few weeks were just one long nightmare. But I knew they weren't.

Eric stepped forward still clutching Nora. Bill slowly descended the stairs. "I don't know what you are, but I saw Sookie stake you and you survived. If you're really," Eric paused. "If you're really god, then please save her."

"Bring her upstairs." We went into Rachel's old room and Eric deposited Nora on the bed. "What happened to her?" Bill asked me.

"Governor Burrell's scientists have created a new strain of hepatitis, this one kills vampires," I explained.

"Give her your blood, it's the only way," Eric said.

"No!" Nora said pushing back, suddenly invigorated. "Please, it's Lilith's blood. You can't!"

"She saw what the blood did to us, can you blame her?" Bill asked.

"I don't care," Eric said.

"I won't. This is her dying wish."

"Nora, please, you'll be ok. Just please drink his blood," I begged her.

"I've made peace with this, Lily. You don't have to save me."

"Nora," I mumbled, but didn't know what else to say.

"I'll leave you alone," Bill said.

Eric and I stayed with Nora until the sun came up and she fell asleep. "I'm going to go call Rachel. I haven't talked to her since we got out of the Authority. She's probably worried."

"I'll be here," he told me. I walked across the hall and into my old room. It felt like ages since I'd last stayed here, but it still had little touches of me. There was an empty perfume bottle on the shelf, because I thought it was pretty. On my nightstand was a photo of Rachel and me, skis in hand, at Buttermilk Mountain.

I picked up the landline and called her, I'd lost my cell phone at some point. It rang twice before she answered it. "Bill?"

"No, it's me."

"Lily, oh my god. It's so nice to hear your voice." She sighed. "I wish everything could go back to normal."

"I don't even know what normal means anymore," I told her.

"Me either." There was a pause. "Are you ok?"

"Physically, yeah. Emotionally not so much," I admitted. "Eric's sister is dying and it's my fault."

"He has a sister?"

"I guess he didn't tell you everything."

"Did you know her well?" She asked.

"Not really. When we were around each other we mostly just argued. I wish we hadn't, I wish I'd tried harder. When did I become such a jealous person, Rach? I've never been like this with anyone before Eric. I feel like I'm constantly trying to one up everyone, because if I don't he won't love me anymore."

"I know that feeling. It was like I was in competition with every girl that walked by. My whole life became about being everything Eric could ever want. It was exhausting." She groaned.

"He made a new vampire and I can't stand her. I even went as far as to glamour her to keep her away from Eric," I confessed. "She's the reason for all of this. Pam, Tara, and Jessica might die because of her. Nora is already on her death bed. But I'm the reason she was turned in the first place, so that puts all of this on me. I did this, and I'm terrified I can't fix it. It's eating me alive."