Epilogue: Folk Tales

A few days had passed since the Eagle Union encroached on Sakura Empire waters and launched an assault on the land itself. Shikikan, Akagi and Takao all find themselves in the holoprojector room while Naganami and Ayanami tend to Shikikan's residence.

"So, now that they've decided to attack us, do we strike?" Shikikan asks Takao.

"That sounds like a very reckless idea." Takao replies. "We are severely outgunned by the Eagle Union- it would take the combined efforts of both us and the Ironblood to surpass them."

"That's not to say your unique skills you brought along didn't help." Akagi says. "I guess it was because we weren't used to it."

"I mean they worked for my people back then so I thought "huh, it might work here.", but then again you are the Sakura Empire and you girls run quite a ways differently than others." Shikikan replies as he looks at the map. That's when he notices a strange blip that none of the girls had noticed earlier and he looks to Akagi. "Who is that?"

"That? I have no idea... It's like it just randomly popped up..." Akagi mumbles. "It's not unheard of for girls like us to randomly vanish and reappear because of the whole rigging thing, but this is unlike the others... I don't think I can recall any girls going missing..."

"Do you think it could be that legend Atago is always talking about?" Takao asks.

"Your sister is very superstitious yes, but looking at this now... She does have a point." Akagi replies.

"What legend are you girls talking about?" Shikikan asks.

"It's a legend that Atago always goes on about, one that she believes is true." Takao replies. "It's the legend of the dreamwaker, the legend of a girl just like us that has the strange and almost mythical power to alter reality through her dreams."

"You know... I think I've heard of that legend before..." Shikikan says. "It's pretty popular where I'm from as well but the dreamwaker you speak of can only see other realities, and she's like a second coming of age or something like that if you encounter her."

"Do go on." Akagi replies. "I'm interested."

"Because where I'm from I don't see girls like you, it's believed that this "dreamwaker" you speak of is some sort of deity. As I've said before she can see other realities through dreams and that if you happen to find her you will be revered or something like that... I can't remember all of the details at the moment but that's just what I know."

"Now whether it's all true or not... It's beyond me." Akagi says. "But we'll keep an eye on this blip for a little while, just to make sure it's not the enemy."

"Agreed." Shikikan replies. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to my residence."

"See you later!" Akagi and Takao call out as Shikikan heads for his residence.

"The dreamwaker..." Shikikan mumbles in his head. "Seems like they know about it too... Huh..."

To Be Continued