"Gray?"

"What?" I see her teeth grind and my life partially leaves my body.

"C-can you please, uhh, pull over?"

Still not applying the brakes, the almost 20 year old looks at me with her now pitch black eyes. Something in me is telling me to stop breathing, and I can't decide if I should.

"Please, Gray?"

With a deep breathe, Grace finally pushes the brakes and the car stops at the side of the road. Her hands remain intact on the steering and her knuckles start ro turn pale. Without thinking, I take my palm and keep it on hers.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to calm you down."

I softly grab her one palm and pull it away with from the steering, and then do the same with the other palm. My palms cover hers as I keep making circles on her back of her hands.

"Is it....?"

"Yeah," she nods, her shoulders relaxing a little. "It's him again."

"I think you should relax. We're gonna be with him real soon, you know?"

Grace turns her head and looks at me. I give her a small smile, and she exhales softly. "When, Kay?"

"It's Rou for you, dumbass."

I realize it a little late that I just insulted Grace, but Gracine Saurya suddenly smiles at me and my heart melts.

What is she doing to me?

•••

Savanna opens the door to her room and I hesitate a before stepping in. As she closes the door behind us, I realize that the room smells like her — warm and vanilla.

"Sorry about the mess," she steps beside me. I look at her bed that's covered with opened books and suppress a smile. She's a nerd.

"Maybe we should clean up?" I suggest and she nods with a sigh. And so, both of us start doing our part, with her sitting in a corner and ordering me to do stuff.

After half an hour, I finally finish.

"It was tiring."

"What? Sitting in a corner?"

"Nah. Watching somebody else work."

Shaking my head, I climb onto her bed and sit there like I own it. She chuckles and follows my lead. "So," she leans against a pillow, "what's our topic?"

I grin. "Cupid."

Savanna gives me a blank look, and shakes her head. "Seriously, King. What is it?"

"It's seriously Cupid."

I unzip my bag pack and pull out a thick book. Slamming it on the bed with a thup!, I give a Chesire cat smile to Savanna. "I got it from my basement. I don't know how it got there since Grace hates Greek Gods."

"Why would someone hate Greek Gods?"

"Ah no no, not like that."

"Wha-"

"She hates Greeks. And she hates Gods."

Savanna raises a brow at me, and I shrug. "Not all Greeks, no. Just some." Like Kaira DeLian, the heiress of  the DeLian Empire. And Zaix DeLian, Kai's brother.

"Who's Grace to you, though? Where are your parents?"

The questions knock me out of my thoughts. I look at Savanna as she plops her head on her fist and stares at me.

"My parents are in England at the moment," I force a smile.

"Wow, dude! Do they live there?"

"Uh no. They live in America, but they make most business trips to England."

"Sounds sophisticated."

They are.

Savanna picks up the thick book and places it on her lap. She opens it softly, her eyes darting left to right and right to left.

"You know," she mumbles. "Your surname reminds me of the future owner of King's International. The multinational textile company, ya know?"

I choke on my saliva that I almost kill myself.

"But you can't be her," she snorts, "I'm pretty sure she's a royalty. You look too mundane."

'You can't be her'.

"And also, what would she be doing in a trashy school like ours?"

We'll find out soon enough.

•••••••••••

A/N:

BUT CUPID SAYS 'NO' HIT 1K READS AND I'M JUST NOTICING!

Anyway whom do you ship?

Graylee or SavKay?

I love y'all sm thanks for 1k I'm gonna pass ou—