♥2♥

"Are you sure I won't die there?"

Grace softly chuckles, while I keep wondering how has she not ripped my head off even after hearing those same words for like I don't know how many times.

That patience. I really, really need it.

"Tell me how many times I need to repeat the same 'yes', Kay."

"I don't know. Maybe till you make up your mind to let me get homeschooled again."

Long story short, even after I literally screamed, cried and begged Grace to not to make me go to school, she kind of did. And here we are, parked in front of the school building for almost 20 minutes because I don't want to go in there.

"School ain't that bad, love." I hear Grace's voice, which pulls me out of my thoughts. "How do you even know it. School is like the second hell." I continue to argue, which I'm doing since last night anyways.

Turning my head towards Grace, I see her already looking at me with a frown.

Okay. Maybe her 'patience pack' went off.

"You never complained about school before!" She yells, but controls her voice immediately. And this is it. I breathe in sharply, making myself ready for screaming.

The breathe still inside me, I open the car door. Turning on my heels, I give Grace a cold glare.

"How long have you even known me to term the time as before?"

Her face falls. Before she opens her mouth, I shut the door with a loud thud.

♣♠♦

"Did you chew on a lemon or something?"

I turn my head to see Savanna leaning against the wall, her hands folded over her chest and a small smirk playing on her lips. Opening my mouth to say something, I realize nothing will come out.

Seeing me silent for some more seconds, Savanna pushes herself off the wall and walks towards me. "Mom has told me to give you a tour," she pauses and looks out of the building. On seeing someone, she nods and looks back at me. "But I'm busy. So enjoy yourself in here."

And with that, she walks off.

I keep looking in her direction, trying to say something but well. I breathe out lazily and start looking around like a lost puppy. Some of the students keep looking at me, making me try my hardest to keep in the frustrated groan inside me.

"Need help there?"

I look at the source of the voice. A boy with brownish blonde hair looks down at me, his brow raised a little. "Is it that obvious?" I chuckle. His lip forms into a half smile, revealing a little of his teeth.

"You got your calendar, lost puppy?"

"Yeah. Here," I hand him the thin copy. His eyes momentarily scans over the page. "You got Physics in your first class," he hands me back my note. "I'll pass by that way, though. Follow me."

"Wait— how do I know you ain't gonna murder me or something?"

"Do you always keep doubting these much?"