14. No Problem Lace

Začít od začátku

My hands started shaking as I turned my head to look behind me. There laid a body, and one I recognized more than I wanted to. I crawled over to the boy who's shirt was half covered in blood. His eyes were open, but vacant, his lips parted but he was still. His neck had a silt in it, much like the one I had, and the one I gave Atom. I reached out my hand to check for a pulse I knew wasn't there. But once it was confirmed, it hurt all the more.

Wells is dead.

           I let out a quiet sob, "Wells? No, please don't leave me."

My hands rested on his chest as I tried to wake him up, hoping this wasn't real. This couldn't be real. My shake hands found each other and placed themselves on his chest trying to do CPR but knew it was no use. It was too late. He was already gone. My fingers were placed over his eyelids and shut them.

"May we meet again." My voice trembles along with my lips.

My head dropped to his chest as my body convulsed from the sobs raking through my body. I shook my head trying to understand how he could be gone. I just got him back, he can't be gone. I let out a frustrated and heartbroken scream. My hand found his but it was cold, dead cold. The feeling caused another sob to escape my lips.

My body was soon lifted from Wells' despite my protest. The person who picked me up spun me around and I was met by the face of Bellamy. I hadn't realized I was slamming my fists into his chest until he was clutching my wrists in his hands.

"Princess." He says strictly, trying to get my attention.

I look up to him through my tears, he looked concerned. His eyes were wide and focused on nothing but me. Before I could comprehend what I was doing, I had thrown my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crook of his neck. His arms wrapped around my waist, trying to comfort me.

"Bellamy," I hear Miller's voice but I don't move from my position, "we have to, you know? You should get her out of here."

I don't protest as Bellamy scoops up my legs and carries me away from the scene back to his tent. He probably realizes I don't have one by now. He cleans my hands with a wet cloth, and I sit staring at the blood on my hands. He stares at me for a moment, before saying anything.

           "I'm sorry about Wells."

           I shake my head, "No you're not. You hated him."

           "Just because I didn't like him doesn't mean I wanted him dead." He snaps back with a small amount of anger in his voice, but enough for me to notice.

           "Sorry." I breathe.

           "I'll be back. Just lay down or something."

           With that Bellamy leaves and I find myself falling on my side. I could feel the dry tears stained on my face. I couldn't cry anymore. I couldn't really bring myself to do anything, except stare aimlessly at the wall. I didn't keep track of how long it took before Bellamy got back, but when he did I forced myself to sit up.

           "I thought you might want this." He tells me holding out a jacket.

           It takes me a minute before realizing the significance of it. It was Wells' jacket. My trembling hands reached out for the material, and once it was in my grasp all I could do was run my hands over it. Bellamy's hands were suddenly over mine, as if asking permission to do something. I stared blankly at him, not really sure what he wanted. He took the jacket from my hands, my eyes widened but he shook his head, trying to tell me he wasn't taking it back. Instead he placed it over my shoulders and pulled it around my body. That was the moment I could smell it. Wells' aroma still covered this jacket. I closed my eyes I took in a deep breath, smiling to myself as I did.