Prologue

WATCH THE TRAILER ABOVE!

"Liam, this is obviously a farce, and this woman is lying through her teeth. Let's go."

"Just hold on", I told Louis, turning back to the old woman, "I don't understand. Who are you anyway? None of this is making sense to me."

"The girl is going to die. But, I'm giving you a chance to save her. Consider it a task from Reagan."

Now Louis was paying attention.

"Excuse me?" he immediately ran over to where we are, "Consider it a task from who now?"

"Reagan", she repeated, bored by our conversation, "That's whose energy I'm picking up right now."

I wanted to believe this woman, especially considering she shouldn't know Reagan's name at all, but this 'energy' crap and her 'ability' to see the future was becoming harder to comprehend.

"How do you know my wife's name?" Louis continued.

"It's your wife? Sorry for your loss."

If she was so good, shouldn't she have already known that?

"What girl are you even talking about?" I stepped in while Louis tried his best to understand what was happening.

"You know her", the woman continued, "You just don't realize it yet."

"Stop speaking in riddles! Tell me something."

"Her name is Ember. That's all I'll tell you."

Louis muttered a not-so-nice word under his breath, obviously as annoyed with this delusional woman as I was. This was such a waste of time.

"So, I'm just supposed to save a random girl with next to no information?" I repeated.

"You don't have to do it by yourself. That man over there, Louis, is allowed to help. But, ultimately it has to be you."

"Can you tell me how she's allegedly going to die?"

"Not important. Save the girl."

"How much time do I get?"

"You can't know that", she waved me off, looking over her shoulder at the clock.

"That's ridiculous and unfair. Do I have a year? Do I have until tomorrow? There has to be some kind of time limit."

"The task is simple. Save the girl or she dies."

"But-."

"Save her-."

"I understand that, but-."

"Or she dies."

Four years.

Four years is all the peaceful time that they had. Now, it's come to an abrupt end, and there's nothing they can do to stop it. What happens when an expected visitor proves that four years of heartache just wasn't enough? How can you surrender when you don't have anything left? Where does it finally end for everyone?Everyone is back for one final ride, and it's even more dangerous, gut-wrenching and heart-breaking than before. Tensions arise, tears are shed, and hope is lost as Louis does everything that he can to put this all to an end. It's all led to this one moment. This final action determines how many make it through to the very end, who gets lost along the way, and who was never on their side in the first place. Everyone has something to lose, and everyone loses something.Are you prepared for this journey? Are you prepared for everything to change?They aren't either.But, here goes everything.

The third book is finally up! I know even after reading this, you're probably a little confused as to what it's gonna be about. Don't worry, you'll understand eventually. Thank you for convincing me to write a third one! I'm excited for this! It will be focused on the children a little bit too because they're older now and can actually talk. Hope you guys like this! No, there won't be as many deaths in this one as in Betrayal. I wasn't planning on writing a third one, which is why I killed off so many people in that one. Although there won't be as many, there might be a few. Give me a week to get the first chapter up! Enjoy! (:

If you're just tuning in, you don't have to have read Hostage and/or Betrayal to be able to keep up with this, but you should anyway. (: Other than most of the characters being the same, the storyline is separate.

Trailer on the side -------->