Chapter 21- 'You're missing the point'

New trailer for this story up above! Since the plot changed, the trailer is a lot different than the first one. Check it out!

"If I didn't have you, there would be nothing left.

The shell of a man who could never be his best."

Reagan POV

"Is 'accidental homicide' a thing? I need to know within the next five seconds."

Taylor forced back a smile, something she had been doing since we both got here, and turned to face the officers.

"If he isn't released in the next six minutes, I will have both of you fired."

"Ha," the taller one snorted, "A little non-threatening girl like you? Give me a break."

Liam stood up behind me, and I heard him take a couple of steps forward. Since I asked Zayn to stay at the hospital while I sorted this out, I begged Liam to come so I didn't look like the scared little girl I felt.

Thankfully, Taylor was doing most of the talking.

"No hablo español."

Liam and I both groaned when the shorter one spoke. He was such an idiot; it was embarrassing.

"I think what you meant to say is that you don't speak English," Taylor put her hands on her hips, and her tone was getting a lot higher, "Considering the fact that I'm not speaking Spanish, you had no reason to volunteer that information."

The taller one, his badge read 'Martin', whispered something to the shorter one, his read 'Morris', and Morris nodded after realizing his mistake. "Lo siento. Quise decir que no hablo Inglés ."

"Really?" Taylor frowned, getting more frustrated by the second, "You don't speak English? That's funny because you did three minutes ago when you told me to stop shouting at your partner. But, that's fine. Suelte Louis o haré que te despidan."

I had no idea what Taylor just said, I couldn't remember most of the Spanish that I learned when I was younger, but Morris could tell that he was caught. He wasn't expecting Taylor to be fluent.

Morris and Martin kept looking at each other, realizing that they didn't have any other option but to say that they were lying. Taylor wasn't easy to get rid of.

"Hmm ... no tan bien para hablar ahora? No lo creo," she continued, "I thought you spoke Spanish? Why aren't you responding?"

"What you're speaking is beginner Spanish," he fumbled for words, "What I'm used to is intermediate."

"Lies. I'm fluent. My ex only spoke Spanish, so I had to learn it. But, it seems that your disappearing English has made an appearance again. So, let's get to the real point here. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't have both of you fired."

"Your client broke the law." It was obvious that Morris was getting annoyed, and a few other officers were trying to nonchalantly gather around so they could hear the conversation better. "I wouldn't not be doing my job if I didn't arrest him."

"That's a double negative, you idiot." Taylor was through being nice, or what she wanted to call nice. We had been here for 20 minutes, and she had been arguing with them for 17 of them. "By arresting him, you weren't doing your job. You can't even give me a legal reason as to why you brought him in."

"He got smart with me, and he was resisting arrest."

"Oh, he hurt your feelings? What are you? A four-year-old? And 'resisting arrest'? That's an added charge; it can't be a single charge. For someone to be resisting arrest, they have to be in the process of being arrested for something else." Her voice was getting higher by the second, but Liam and I were more than impressed. She was holding her own. "Come on. I know they had to teach you this stuff in that mall cop school."