"Forever"

Trent's POV

"Anak (Son), we have 50 orders from Mr. Yague and 35 for Ms. Canlas for tomorrow." My mother said through the phone as she will now begin calling our suppliers for next month's production.

"Yes ma, and I will be sending those orders to papa now." I answered and dropped the call.

"Here's your coffee sir Trent." The waiter said and left me with the coffee I ordered. I picked up my laptop and started walking towards home.

It has been 3 years since I left the New York times. I made my dream come true and got my family out of poverty which is the primary reason why I mustered all the courage I have in my whole being and applied for a job in The New York Times.

Ever since going back home here in the Philippines, all has been well for me and my family. As I have mentioned earlier, we have built a business for our little family and we have been financially stable. We got our own house in a beautiful subdivision, a house we can truly call our own.

I was happier than the last time I was with my parents before leaving them for a job at The New York Times. I am so grateful for the wonderful opportunities they've given me and if it wasn't for them, none of this would be possible. I kind of miss it.

A lot happened to me while I was there. There were times when I feel excited, happy, scared but all in all, I was thrilled. It was like a roller coaster ride. But like in every roller coaster ride, you won't experience all that if you are not willing to ride and experience it all.

"Trent?" My mother called. I am now home, preparing the donuts my mother asked me to order in the coffee shop I was in earlier. Mama and papa enjoys donuts with coffee especially from that coffee shop.

"Yes ma?" I answered. My mama is watching news TV.

"Can we talk for a moment?" She said, I sat beside her in our living room.

"I know you still can't forget everything that happened during your stay in The States. But why did you have to leave?" She asked.

"Ma, we're not going to talk about this again." I said and continued with the donuts and coffee.

"Your reason to leave Justin because you bring him misfortunes is not enough. He is happy with you. Have you seen his public appearances lately?" She said.

"Ma, I am not in the mood for this conversation at all. I am very tired and I'm sure you are too. Just enjoy the donuts and coffee that I bought for your and papa. I'm going to bed now. Goodnight." I said and left the room.

My mother did nothing but gave me a sigh. I know she is worried. She kept thinking that I may not be happy despite all the success our family has right now but I am really happy, I am happier than the last time I left them for New York.

Or am I really happy?

*Flashback*

I can see Justin, almost white lying on an emergency hospital bed as he was rushed to the operating room to remove the gunshot inflicted to him by Zayn. We were all there beside him, crying and in the state of desperation as we don't know if Justin will still live.

"I am so sorry, this is my fault. If only I picked up the message earlier, this would've never happened!" Austin cried, blaming himself because he picked up the message late about the plan to pick me up at Zayn's place that night.

"It's not your fault please stop blaming yourself, all I need your prayers guys!" I cried.

Malik was also here, comforting me.