Chapter 26

NEWT

"I love you, too," I told her after she told me the same. I didn't feel the pain of sadness anymore. Thank God. She smiled, and her cheeks turned red. She was so beautiful. I bet that any guy would go to the end if the earth to please her. I know I would, "Come on. Let's go to the bonfire,"

I stood up and held my hand out to her. She accepted it and stood up. Before we started walking, I kissed her, and she blushed. I held her hand, and we walked to the bonfire.

It was quiet at the bonfire. I can see why. Three of our friends were probably dead in the maze right now.

IZZY

I was still depressed. My best friends were all in the maze... probably dead. Killed by a griever. That makes you pretty stressed. Especially when it's your leader, a keeper, and someone special to you.

My head still hurt from racking my brain trying to remember Tommy. It was killing me on the inside. You have no idea how annoying it is to have it on the tip of your tongue.

I looked over the people to try to find Cam. She wasn't here. A tear rolled down my cheek at the thought of the harshness of her words when she told me to go away.

Newt saw the tears falling and asked in a comforting voice, "Hey, what happened?"

I sighed, "Cam told me to go away when I was trying to comfort her about Minho,"

"Oh, that's what you meant when you said the two most important people in your life told you to go away," He bit his lip and put his hand on top of mine, "I'm bloody sorry about that by the way,"

I looked at him, "I know you are, and I hope that Cam is too... I'm just afraid that I lost my best friend,"

"You didn't... Cam is just stressed that Minho is stuck in the bloody maze. She really loves him,"

"I know. I would be dying right now if you were stuck in there for the night,"

"Same about you. That's why I didn't want you to be a runner. I was afraid you were going to get hurt, and I wouldn't be able to stand that," He replied. I love him so much. He's so perfect. We kissed and everyone stared at us.

"What?" I snapped. They all looked away afraid that I was going to yell at them. I've yelled at these guys before for staring at Newt and I.

They called for lights out, and I told Newt goodnight before I went to my spot to sleep. I felt the pang of sadness when I looked over to see Tommy's spot empty. I drifted off to sleep trying to remember how the shuck I knew Tommy.

Hey y'all! Here's an update!

2.16k reads

97 votes

21 comments

😘 love you guys.