Chapter 4

NEWT

Izzy is the only person other than Alby and Minho who I've told about what I did. I feel horrible. I can't believe that she was threatened to be killed... twice! I would've beat the bloody klunk out of those guys if I was there! I couldn't stand seeing her cry after what I told her. I never want to see her like that again.

We made our way over to the already roaring bonfire to see Minho and Alby sitting there chuckling. I sat down but Izzy kept going towards the Deadheads. 

"Where are you going?" Minho asked Izzy.

"I'm tired, and I just don't feel it tonight," Izzy replied, but I knew something was wrong. She walked off, and I got up and followed her.

"Hey. Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm totally fine," she replied.

"I think that there's something wrong,"

"I just don't get it. Why did you try to kill yourself?" I could see the sadness in her gray eyes. 

"I hated it here, Izzy. We've been stuck here for two years, and we still haven't found a way out yet. We're all starting to thing that there isn't a way out. That we're stuck here, for the rest of our lives,"

"No! Don't say that! Are you trying to kill my hope?" she said tears forming in her eyes.

"No, I'm not trying to kill your hope, Izzy. I just wanted to tell you why,"

"Listen, Newt. I know you mean well, but please just don't talk to me for a while. Till I get over this," Tears were streaming down her face now. I felt like a bloody idiot for telling her the truth. She walked off to the Deadheads and I walked off to the Homestead. I wanted to sleep but I knew I wouldn't be able to. When I got to the Homestead, I started cry silently. I cried myself to sleep eventually. 

I woke up the next morning feeling like crap. I had dried tears on my cheeks from last night. When I was on my way to breakfast, I saw Izzy sitting with Clint, Jeff, and a couple other boys. I wanted to get sit with her badly, but I was going to do as she said and keep my distance. I got my breakfast of eggs and bacon, and I sat with Minho and Alby.

"Hey, What's up with Izzy?" Minho asked as I sat down.

I mumbled, "She doesn't want to talk to me,"

"Why?" Alby jumped in on the conversation.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said with sadness in my tone.

"Are you sure?" Minho asked with concern.

"Yes, I'm sure," I pushed away my plate of food, "I'm not hungry,"

I took a walk in the Deadheads to clear my head. It didn't work. I went to a little stream and stopped. I sat on the little bridge, and tried my very best to get the image of Izzy crying out of my thoughts. I thought of Minho and what I even liked about being a runner in the first place. I guess I liked it because it was only escape from the Glade. I knew I had stuff to attend to so I started making my way back. Everyone was at their jobs. I looked over to the gardens and saw Izzy planting seeds. I still felt hurt about what she said. Our eyes met, but she looked away quickly. I snapped out of it and went to find Alby.

I found Alby and he seemed stressed. He looked up and looked angry, "Where the shuck were you!"

"I took a walk in the woods to clear my head," I explained.

"You were supposed to be here helping me!"

"I'm sorry," I grumbled.

"Whatever. Just go help Zart in the gardens. He has to plant a lot of seeds today," I looked over and saw Izzy still attending to her own bussiness.

"Do I have to? Is there anything else I could do?"

"No, and Why?"

"Izzy doesn't want to be around me right now,"

"Well, Get over it and help Zart." Alby ended. There was no changing his mind, so I walked over to the gardens to help Zart. Izzy looked over at me, and I saw sadness in her eyes as she looked away. I still felt horrible. For the rest of the day, I helped Zart plant seeds while Izzy ignored me.

Izzy talked with this guy named Carter at the bonfire. Even though I know she hates me, I still really like Izzy and was jealous. I don't get why I like this girl so much.

A/N: Thanks so much guys who are reading this. I'm sorry this chapter was kind of stupid... I'll write a better chapter next.